AndySmith

Hey everyone,

I'm a new member from Queenstown, New Zealand. I hunt as often as I can, mainly in the mountains chasing Deer, Tahr and Chamois. It's all self guided,back pack hunting on public land. I'd love to hunt in your amazing country and am looking forward to being part of the forum and talking with like minded hunters.

Cheers,

Andy.

Welcome. Before I am returned to dust, I hope to hunt your wonderful public lands.

I'd offer a trade of public land hunts but I'd fear you'd be disappointed with the amount of public ground available in Iowa. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome guys. HuntsByDesign, I'm really interested in the experience of the hunt more than the end result so don't feel you don't have anything to offer. I'd be open to swap hunts with like minded guys. That would be my ideal way to experience hunting in your beautiful country. I've been lucky and had some good results swap hunting in Europe (I'm originally from the UK) and it's something I'd like to build on in the future.

Cheers,
Andy.

Welcome. If you ever decide to hunt America in October then with a year or two of planning you can line up a hunt or five. Pronghorn antelope in Wyoming, elk hunting in Wyoming, deer and elk hunting in Montana, elk hunting in Colorado, elk hunting in Idaho, pronghorn hunting and elk hunting in New Mexico are ones that you can guarantee draw, buy over the counter or buy via landowner tag.

Most states require a hunter's education certificate. I think you can pass part of the requirements online then finish with a short class of a day or so. All states accept a certificate earned in any of the 50 states.

Thanks LopeHunter, this is the stuff I'm trying to get my head around at the moment and it looks like there's some great information in the threads on this. I've also been watching Mr Newberg's great shows and gleening some information there. I'm finding myself really drawn to Pronghorn. Chamois are my favourite over here and although their habitats differ, there are many similarities between the two.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.

I'd be happy to help with advice - I did a DIY, public land bow hunt for pronghorn and elk in Wyoming last year. Heading back this Sept too.

PM me if you want or I will be in Queenstown next week if you wanted to catch up for a yak.

Last edited:
Welcome Dude! New Zealand is on the very top of my list to hunt once I can get out of the USA.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back