MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New knife... need opinions please

I think the outdoor edge knives are a great value for the price. I have 3 of them and love them. I also am not very skilled at knife sharpening so its one less thing to worry about.

You made'em, you can brag about 'em.

Anyone use their grandfather's knife or some other hand me down?

I have an old black-handled Buck knife that was handed down from my wife’s grandfather. Thanks to your mention it is now going with me to WY next week for antelope. I think I’ll have my son use it. (y)

Buck 110....end of story.
I have a Bucklite version of the 110 that my wife’s uncle gave me as a Christmas present one year. Its the best Christmas gift I’ve ever received from her side of the family. Its been in on the last half dozen critters I’ve killed and is always in the pack.

I like your pins! And everything else too. Really unique. I see you like finger grooves.

I'll have to take a photo of one or two that I've made from bought blanks and some other knives as well.

hey @Crossbowguy, you want some used rasps? I've got a ton laying around, and even though I keep saying I'm going to fire the forge up and do some work, it's not looking like I'll have time until late winter. Even have some Heller white tangs that harden real nice.

I make the blades from used broken wore out saw blades mostly, harden and temper the steal myself. I would love to see some of your blades!!!!

Nothing I've ever made has warranted a picture. I'm a farrier by trade, so I have forging skills, just no imagination for craft. I have a good friend who is an artist though...causes me to have a jealous heart.

If you would like some rasps though, just PM me your address, and I'll send you some to play with, I literally have hundreds of them.

Nothing I've ever made has warranted a picture. I'm a farrier by trade, so I have forging skills, just no imagination for craft. I have a good friend who is an artist though...causes me to have a jealous heart.

If you would like some rasps though, just PM me your address, and I'll send you some to play with, I literally have hundreds of them.
Sounds like a plan!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back