New hunting gadgets

M

MN Public Hunter

So who has recently gotten or plans on getting a new hunting gadget, what is it and why?

I'm waiting on Fins review of the Delorme PN60 GPS before I buy a new handheld GPS. :)

Get to work Fin!

As per Fin's rccommend recieved the Chopper mitts from Uber Leather Co...ordered the poly wool inserts with em. Freezing rain here today too.

As per Fin's rccommend recieved the Chopper mitts from Uber Leather Co...ordered the poly wool inserts with em. Freezing rain here today too.

I almost ordered a pair for the whole family when I saw his post, then I thought I needed another pair of gloves like I need another hole in my head. A man don't need more than 2 pairs of gloves :D

I'm waiting on Fins review of the Delorme PN60 GPS before I buy a new handheld GPS. :)

Get to work Fin!

I am getting a new GPS this year as well looking for good reviews

If you are planning on using these maps http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/ ...and I suggest you do if your ever going out of state, that review may not make a difference as I don't believe they work with the Delorme's. Now if you like to use real maps then it might make a difference.

Quite a few people tried these maps last season and I'm pretty sure they were very accurate. I plan on using them when I go out of state so it's a Garmin for me.

Have fun researching and testing though.... :)

I just got a new rangefinder, a Nikon Riflehunter 1000. It works great, it is fast and accurate. The orange readout is a little bright in low light, but at least you can read it. It is simple to operate and does not have a cluttered screen. I will use it for bowhunting, deer hunting, elk hunting in Colorado.

So who has recently gotten or plans on getting a new hunting gadget, what is it and why?

Got a sweet deal on a Garmin Etrex Vista (xmas preset from the mrs.), and a chronograph (MIL). Hope to add a range finder in there this year. Beyond that, some gunsmithing work on the existing battery and a 300 WM is about all I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back