Caribou Gear

New hunter for hogs in TN

THA KERNALLL

Hello all. John here, and hoping to gain wisdom and new friends. No one in my current social circle hunts :( Also hoping to have my first hunt this year! Mainly hogs! I'm just west of Nashville in Pegram.

If you're after pigs, get a rifle with plenty of pop.
Get in the woods.

Look for the thickest nastiest bottoms you can find and be very patient. They don't usually move until dark but you can catch them slipping. Their sense of smell is second to nine so be very mindful of the wind.

If you're after pigs, get a rifle with plenty of pop.
Get in the woods.

Look for the thickest nastiest bottoms you can find and be very patient. They don't usually move until dark but you can catch them slipping. Their sense of smell is second to nine so be very mindful of the wind.
Awesome, thank you! How are they on sight? I hear turkeys have really good sight.

Looks like I have some research tomorrow, lol. Got a pm about some areas and ideas. Appreciate all the help!

Welcome to the site. I hope you're able to find some hunting buddies. Till then, any time in the woods is time well spent. If you can afford it, duck/deer leases seem to abundant down in the Delta.

Welcome to the site. I hope you're able to find some hunting buddies. Till then, any time in the woods is time well spent. If you can afford it, duck/deer leases seem to abundant down in the Delta.
Same here, lol.

Random question, anyone know who could use coyote carcases in TN? Figured someone should benefit from them if I bag any

Back