Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New guy from Washington

smithja79

Thought I would officially introduce myself. Found this forum a little while back after hearing Randy on some podcasts.

My name is Jake and I've been hunting Washington all of my life but just started to get interested in some out-of-state hunting. I went on a great 10 day trip in the back country of Idaho this year. Unfortunately I wasn't successful, but did come back to Washington and get this muley in the Okanogan area.

IMG_0688.JPG

I look forward to hopefully contributing more on this forum.

Thanks guys. I wish there was an epic story to go along with that buck. He's my biggest to date but was shot embarrassingly close to camp. I really hit it hard in Idaho, hiking miles every day but never getting a shot. Met my dad in the Methow on the way back from Idaho and this guy wandered through on the first evening. I decided it was the reward for my effort in Idaho :).

My dad's turning 60 this year and has always wanted to do an antelope hunt, so I think I'm going to plan a surprise Wyoming trip for him. I'll do some research in the antelope section of the forum to see if I can't figure out a plan. Hopefully I'll be able to report back with a great story! Thanks again for the warm welcome guys!

Nice Washington buck. Don't think I would pass on a buck like that and would consider myself twice blessed if it was near camp as well. It is nice to have an easy back out once in a while. Welcome to the forum and good luck in planning your antelope hunt with your Dad. I just lost my Dad of 82 years earlier this month, and all the great outdoor memories with him is what has helped me get through this tough time. So don't wait until later, get him out and have a great time chasing lopes.

Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian, or whatever we're called. I'm no antelope expert, but they are very fun to hunt and just great looking animals, get your dad out on an antelope hunt soon!

Back