Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New guy from Texas

WesTex

I was born in Houston and lived there till we moved to Deep East Texas when I was 14. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time hunting as a teenager in the Angelina River bottom. Moved to North Texas in my early Twenties and have lived here ever since. I haven't hunted much in the last 30 years but my buddy took me as a guest on his lease last year and the bug hit me big time. I paid to be on his lease this year and my first hunt is coming up Dec 1st.
I know that is a little late for the season but I travel for work and that is the first time I could go. Also it is a management lease and that is the start of trophy buck season for them. Management bucks only until then.

Thanks for asking. Killed a couple of hogs. I did not see any bucks that were worthy of shooting. However my buddy that I was hunting with got a really nice buck that measured 161 5/8 and was a little over 200 lbs, a huge buck for the area that we were hunting. It was his first buck so I would say that the weekend hunt was very successful!

Thanks for asking. Killed a couple of hogs. I did not see any bucks that were worthy of shooting. However my buddy that I was hunting with got a really nice buck that measured 161 5/8 and was a little over 200 lbs, a huge buck for the area that we were hunting. It was his first buck so I would say that the weekend hunt was very successful!
Sounds like a success for sure! Congrats to your hunting partner on the buck.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back