Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New guy from Eastern Shore of MD

slickcav

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself, big time forum member on a large boating forum (thehulltruth) and really have enjoyed reading on this forum over the past few weeks.

Growing up shooting whitetail deer with bow/rifle/shotgun, I have thought often about the opportunity at an elk as do most eastern hunters, and more recently and realistically mule deer have peaked my interest.

I'm 28 years old, critical care ICU nurse in a level one trauma center one of the larger hospitals in the local DE MD PA NJ area. Take care of some really sick folks, been at it for over 7 years, so my relaxation from all of the stress of the sickest people that could ever step foot in a hospital is really found in the outdoors.

I am fortunate enough to mate on a new 62' Viking Sportfishing Yacht out of Delaware where we tournament fish and privately fish many trips a season catching tuna, lots of marlin, and plenty of mahi mahi, the thrill and art of a marlin bite and being on the other end playing tug of war with a powerful blue marlin as she launches out of the water 15' from the boat with my hand double wrapped on the leader is like nothing I've ever been a part of.

Do a lot of crabbing locally here on the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and discovering the local striped bass (rockfish) honey holes, had Delaware pretty figured out but the move to MD two years ago shook things up! Absolutely beautiful country. Am fortunate enough to be able to gun season hunt a friends QDM 3k acre farm where they raise their shooter bucks over 4.5 years old. Havent taken a buck yet there, but load the freezer up with the does!

Have a waterblind (duck blind) locally where we get a really good mix of bluebills, redheads, and canvasbacks that should be here soon in the next week or two, some teal and big ducks and plenty of geese to shoot over water as well!

Through reading here discovered PA's very slim pickings of elk tags which is pretty cool because its about 3.5 hours away! Plan to dig more into that application process in the near future. Have a Montana connection who has access to a large ranch, told me "whenever you want to come out let me know," maybe pursuing that one eh?

(white marlin in pic)

470323A6-C691-473E-BA10-0CDA6BF64CA0_zpsg5usje1h.jpg

Last edited:
Use that access while it's still available to your buddy (and you). Welcome to HuntTalk.

Welcome. The Shore is the only thing I miss about MD. Spent a lot of time on the Honga river and Hooper's Island

Welcome to the forum. I went to college in Chestertown! Hard to beat a fall day chasing stripers on the bay! Lots of good info on here, the more you share the more other guys are willing to give. Just don't give away to many secrets about the eastern shore;) One of these days I'll make my way back for some Sika Deer.

Back