New FWP Harvest Page

Still waiting for harvest info for elk and deer on Idaho, pretty dissapointing since they had such a push to send in the data after the seasons were over.

Site won’t work for me…. I wish I could find the Sheep & Mt Goat harvest reports for 2010….

Not sure what the problem is. The link works for me. Just got to FWP's webpage. Click on "hunt planner" which is under the hunting section. Then click on "harvest reports". They've got 2010 info for everything but antelope.

I can get to the drop downs fine but wjen I try to export in either pdf or csv, it is blank.

Me thinks the problem is that I am trying to access the data at work. I'll try from home tonight

On a related note, when can we expect drawing stats from 2010???

Last edited:
Are these numbers based on check stations, or telephone surveys? Because, out of all of the animals I have killed around the Bozeman area, I have never taken a single one through a check station because they close as soon as it's dark and I am never out of the mountains until after dark. And when they called me, all they wanted to know is if I filled my Elk B tag, they didn't care that I had filled most of my other tags. I wonder how many animals they miss...

Are these numbers based on check stations, or telephone surveys? Because, out of all of the animals I have killed around the Bozeman area, I have never taken a single one through a check station because they close as soon as it's dark and I am never out of the mountains until after dark. And when they called me, all they wanted to know is if I filled my Elk B tag, they didn't care that I had filled most of my other tags. I wonder how many animals they miss...

Small samples off telephone surveys and check stations. +/- 80% :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure, but I would assume they extrapolate their phone and check station interviews to the greater hunting population. They probably randomize phone interviews and limit the number of questions for each person so they can talk to as many different hunters as possible. Undoubtedly some error, but good for trends if you assume the same error every year. It still amazes me that they haven't switched over to mandatory electronic checking. Seems like it would be much cheaper than paying a bunch of folks to sit on the phone for several weeks making long distance calls.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back