New from the state of Washington

Welcome! Nothing like hunting elk in the dark timber of western Washington. Is that a Roosevelt in your picture? Looks like SW Washington jungle

Welcome! Nothing like hunting elk in the dark timber of western Washington. Is that a Roosevelt in your picture? Looks like SW Washington jungle
Unfortunately it’s not a Roosevelt. That is on the bucket list. Have always hunted elk in eastern WA. Something about hunting in a drier climate is a little more enticing compared to hunting in the thick wet brush of western WA. Hopefully I’ll tag a Rosie close to home one of these years. 🤞🏼

Welcome from NM!
I was out scouting last weekend and saw a herd of elk where all the younguns were running around in a giant pack, there were at least 50 and probably more. They were cute as hell as they bolted around a meadow similar to a herd of antelope. It looks like good production year and all the rain and forage should make the elk and other game extra tasty!

Hello and welcome. Good luck in NM. that should be a very fun hunt experience regardless of whether you fill a tag or not.

Easter Washington Sept. is looking bleak this year with the closure of state lands and many fires burning on Federal lands. This may be the first year our group just goes fishing during Sept instead. May have to put the cold weather clothing on for a late season Archery hunt this year??

Last edited by a moderator:
De
Hello and welcome. Good luck in NM. that should be a very fun hunt experience regardless of whether you fill a tag or not.

Easter Washington Sept. is looking bleak this year with the closure of state lands and many fires burning on Federal lands. This may be the first year our group just goes fishing during Sept instead. May have to put on the cold weather clothing on for a late season Archery hunt this year??
Definitely sucks with all the land closures east. I have some really good spots that will be closed in the northeast. We’re lucky that most of our spots around Ellensburg are USFS. Guess it’s a good year to be heading to New Mexico.

Hello from western Washington! Glad to have found this forum. Going to be archery hunting out of state in New Mexico for this first time in my life and pretty excited about it. Have already learned a lot from this forum!
I'm from western WA (Buckley) and just found this forum as well! looks good so far!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back