Yeti GOBOX Collection

New from MT

Remington92

Hi there all! New to the forum, looking to upgrade rifles for this season after I just sold my primary and looks like yall have a lot of wisdom to offer! Thankfully my work computer doesn't flag this site too! Anyway thanks for the add!

90% decided on a 7mm rem mag most likely tikka or Christensen in the sub 7lb range. But in moments of weakness I find myself eyeing 257 Weatherby's pretty hard.
I think I am going to end up buying a Tikka in .300 WM before next season. I've got a Tikka in a smaller caliber and really like it.

I think I am going to end up buying a Tikka in .300 WM before next season. I've got a Tikka in a smaller caliber and really like it.
Thats what I hear a lot of folks say. Im torn between the super lite and one of the veil/ d18 style.

I have a Veil in 6.5 and love it. I’ve upgraded the bolt and bottom metal since this pic through Mountain Tactical. I also glass bedded it and changed to the vertical tacky grip. It shoots better than I can. 967A50AF-4FA1-4AAE-A853-C9830A09E4FA.jpeg

Thats a sharp looking rig you have there!
I have a Veil in 6.5 and love it. I’ve upgraded the bolt and bottom metal since this pic through Mountain Tactical. I also glass bedded it and changed to the vertical tacky grip. It shoots better than I can. View attachment 239297
That's a sharp looking rig you have there! mind me asking how the weight compares to a standard tikka? I'm really leaning that way but the $350 off Christensen before the end of the month is enticing

Thats a sharp looking rig you have there!

That's a sharp looking rig you have there! mind me asking how the weight compares to a standard tikka? I'm really leaning that way but the $350 off Christensen before the end of the month is enticing

I’ve never weighed it… it’s probably a half pound or so heavier due to the heavier barrel is my guess though.

I’ve never weighed it… it’s probably a half pound or so heavier due to the heavier barrel is my guess though.
Ok thanks for the input! I’m hoping to head over to Missoula this weekend and hit scheels, sportsman’s warehouse, and cabelas and get hands on with as many options as I can.

Welcome! Can’t go wrong with a Tikka. I have one in .338 federal that’s as useful a rifle as any.

Ok thanks for the input! I’m hoping to head over to Missoula this weekend and hit scheels, sportsman’s warehouse, and cabelas and get hands on with as many options as I can.

I love that about Scheels. Don’t be afraid to touch them all, no matter how inappropriate that sounds. 😂 I fell in love with a Bergara 17 hmr that way.

Welcome from Seeley. Don't forget to check out Axmans Guns just south of Fred's Appliance on Hwy 93 south.

Back