New from Minnesota

mnhoundman

View attachment IMG_20180220_213414867.jpgBeen browsing here for a bit, so figured may as well join! Sounds like a bunch of good folks, and love Randy's show!!
From west central Minnesota, been running hounds here for quite sometime, been out lion hunting a couple times, sure is fun! Hunt whitetails alot here.
We try to get out to Wyoming every year for something, muley and antelope. Haven't tackeled elk yet, lol!! Couple pictures of some of the mounts i have. And one from last year's deer humt. View attachment IMG_20180220_213408975.jpgView attachment IMG_20181002_151218951_HDR.jpg

Yes sir, getting to be quite a few around here.

Definitely seems like it. I was talking with a DNR BIO and they said it is getting to a point, where if ruffed grouse and turkeys overlap, there will be bobcats.

I have put some effort into calling them, but have yet to be successful. I found a few sets of tracks this winter where we deer hunt. It would be fun to see more of them.

Definitely seems like it. I was talking with a DNR BIO and they said it is getting to a point, where if ruffed grouse and turkeys overlap, there will be bobcats.

I have put some effort into calling them, but have yet to be successful. I found a few sets of tracks this winter where we deer hunt. It would be fun to see more of them.
We used to hunt them about 45 minutes north of us, there were alot of snow shoe hares they were eating, but a big die off happened for some reason and they started moving south to find food i would imagine. Seems that's when we started seeing more of them, we have a ton of turkeys here they can eat and cotton tails.
There tricky to run with dogs but not as smart as a coyote, if they see you or smell you they won't take off miles like a coyote.

Boy I got some jokes about Minnesota but I will be nice.

You ever do antelope in the southeast section of Wyoming get in touch. If I am not busy, I am usually game for weekend hunting or helping people get their game to the nearest road.

Boy I got some jokes about Minnesota but I will be nice.

You ever do antelope in the southeast section of Wyoming get in touch. If I am not busy, I am usually game for weekend hunting or helping people get their game to the nearest road.
Hey thanks!
Originally came from ND, so i don't mind. Lol
Been thinking about deer hunting down there, 79, 80, 81. But don't know much about that yet just heard some good things, might run back to region c again. Hard to find somewhere to go every year. I do have 5 goat points too, for a rainy day.

I hunt the north end of Warren Air Force Base here for antelope. However, my tags will be good for the surrounding areas. Advantage is hunting pressure off base pushes them where I like to hide out at and wait for them. If you watched Randy Newbern's videos, I am seeing those bucks on base. Sometimes in the southern developed end, but they do migrate north for food in the summer. One buck in particular is B&C grade probably close to 20 in from the head. I am always happy to help people recover wild game if and when I can.

Back