New from Florida

T.R.

Born in Wyoming and lived with my Grandparents until 1967. Then moved to western Pennsylvania until 1973. I enlisted with USAF and moved many more times including Michigan, northern California, Hawaii, Japan, Illinois, South Korea, South Dakota, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and south eastern Pennsylvania. But my wife and I retired to Florida a few years ago. The fishing and wild hog hunting are pretty good here! Successful whitetail deer hunting has eluded me in Florida but I downed a six pointer in Alabama in 2020.

TR

Born in Wyoming and lived with my Grandparents until 1967. Then moved to western Pennsylvania until 1973. I enlisted with USAF and moved many more times including Michigan, northern California, Hawaii, Japan, Illinois, South Korea, South Dakota, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and south eastern Pennsylvania. But my wife and I retired to Florida a few years ago. The fishing and wild hog hunting are pretty good here! Successful whitetail deer hunting has eluded me in Florida but I downed a six pointer in Alabama in 2020.

TR
Welcome from an Air Force brat. Was your northern CA stop at Travis? My dad flew C141's out of there when I was a little kid.

Welcome to Hunt Talk and thank you for your service!
I have a life long buddy that moved to Pensacola about 5 years ago, he just happened to fly in yesterday. He has promised to take me fishing in Florida one of these days, but haven't heard anything of the hunting down that way.

There are more hunters in Florida than deer by far. Reminds me of the "pumpkin army" from my first hunt in lower Michigan. But squirrels are abundant and small game hunters are few. Wild hog hunting is offered by guided hunts within nearly every county and I have downed quite a few with my 30-30. Average price for a hunt is about $300.

TR

Welcome to HT from pa
thank you for your service. First time ever in Florida was this past February. Spent a week in Orlando wife really enjoyed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back