MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New from Eastern Oregon

EOregonian

New here from Eastern Oregon. I joined here as I like the public land focus and have trolled this awhile. Like to look at others experiences and learn from others. I really am interested in hunting out of state to expand my hunting season as Oregon's seasons aren't very friendly and drawing tags can be tedious. If I can give anyone any advise on hunts in Oregon I will. I am very interested in hunting whitetails particularly in the midwest or south-it would be a brand new experience for me, as well as looking out of state for antelope, elk and mule deer (Oregon's mule deer hunting at this point on public ground is horrible). I figure with my kids grown and in college it's time for me to branch out and learn some new areas and have some new experiences.

Welcome,,,, Yup, it's a shame what has happened to your muleys. The 80's through the 90's Oregon was a real sleeper. Hart, Steens, Pueblos and Trouts were a whole lot of fun during those decades.

Thanks for the welcome-I am sending you a PM JohnCushman at some point about SE Colorado. Mtnhunter you are completely correct SE Oregon used to be a gem-especially if you were an archer back then as there was little to no pressure and good buck numbers. 1993 banning dogs for cougars and bears was a shame. There weren't many cougars in that area for decades. They play hell on the sheep as well. Fires haven't helped either. My parents retired and moved to your beautiful state.

Great some guys from Oregon. Ashland is a long ways from me however I have often thought about hunting the south coast for bear or deer especially after jetting up the rogue and seeing 5 bears in one ride along with one at the lodge. If you need any info I maybe able to help-I have hunted and helped in the big three several time and unlike others know that when I draw again it will be my last and noone has stepped where someone hasn't or will. I would like to see everyone have a great time after the wait but only for those that the experience is more important than the result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back