New bow question

CTELK83

Hey all. Got a new bow from my wife for christmas. It's my 2nd "new" bow and my 1st "new" bow came from her when we were dating 11 years ago. I am using the sight and rest off of my current bow. I was going to get one of the stabilizers Mathews offers... went with the shorter one. Curious what exactly the difference would be between them?? The new bow is a Mathews triax.
Thanks

A longer stabilizer offers a bit more stability, but I wouldn't say it's enough of a difference to change what you have. You mostly see 3D shooters and tournament shooters using the real long stabilizers. I like a shorter stabilizer for hunting.

now thats a real woman! nice bow, i would recommend putting a new rest like the mathews version QAD drop away to get better performance, if you spend all that money on a bow you should not cheap out on sight and rest(thats not knowing what your old stuff is ,but if it is 11 years old its time for upgrade) LOL

Haha I agree! About the woman and the not cheating out. The rest you mentioned is what I have, I upgraded sight and rest 2 years ago. I may have to get new arrows and I have been using feathers for a few years now, not sure of I should go back to vanes??

Vanes are great if you don't use the blinds with shoot threw mesh windows..... I have missed 2 antelope because of my vanes "catching" on the mesh... other than that I think they are good. I have been debating on wether too go back too feathers......
Matt

Theory is that the longer your stabilizer is with that weight out front - it aids in holding steadier on the longer shots especially... Whatever you have will be fine I'm sure... I personally lean towards 8 - 10" stabilizers while hunting but I know a lot of guys like the shorter 6" models - often times fits in the cases easier...

Theory is that the longer your stabilizer is with that weight out front - it aids in holding steadier on the longer shots especially... Whatever you have will be fine I'm sure... I personally lean towards 8 - 10" stabilizers while hunting but I know a lot of guys like the shorter 6" models - often times fits in the cases easier...

I'm right there with you with the mid-length stab out front. My GF and I both shoot 9" stabilizers, which after weight is added (4oz for me and 3oz for her) are about 10-11" long and I have no problem with them while huntin. I used to run a 6", but that was when I was huntin back east out of stands and blinds all the time

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back