MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New boots

brockel

Well it took 6 years, 13 elk, 4 deer, 3 aoudad, an unknown number of antelope and a ton of coyotes not to mention being worn from September until it got to cold in the winter but my Kenetrek Mountain extremes have finally gave up the ghost. Any long hike now completely destroys my feet after packing out my brother in laws bull in September. Luckily I still have an insulated pair to make me through the last of the fall and winter. So I’m here asking what kind of boots most of you like for your fall hunting? I probably should just get another pair of kenetreks mountain extreme but I’m looking for something a little lighter. I’ve owned a pair of meindl ultralight and I blew through them in a season and a half. So what’s everyone else running for lighter weight boots?

I was looking for the same thing as you mention above early 2020. I ended up going with the Kennetrek Hardscrabble's. I would do it again. I love both of the pair of Kennetrek's that I own.

I have had hanwag alaskans for about a year now and so far really like them. Best lace system and materials i have seen in a boot that fits me. Dont think the model is what your after but am sure they make a boot that does and the quality is impressive in their line. I would NEVER recommend crispis to anyone, their leather boots and customer service are both junk.

Everyone’s foot is different, but I really like the Lowa Tibet. My next pair will be the Tibet Hi, though. There are a few places where you can get 20% off now. However, I don’t know that they would be lighter than what you have.

For light weight I sure do like the crispi summit, but i wouldn't expect them to last as long as your kennetreks did! I've got 3 years on mine and the soles are gettin pretty slick, but the rest of thr boot has held up great! The crispi guide is a great boot , maybe a little lighter than your kennetreks but probably ot enough to get excited over, I know some guys that like the crispi idaho alot but I haven't tried them. I recently bout a pair of whites grande Rhonde boots which seem fairly light for what they are and are super comfortable, but Ultimately it's all about what fits your foot man.. I have had a pair of the meindl perfect hunters that always get rave reviews for probably 8 or more years and they hardly seem broken in.. but they dig into my heels so bad when I'm walking uphill I hardly wear them anymore.

Lowas are great, durable boots and there are some models that will save you weight. Zamberlands fit my feet great however every model I’ve tried has much more flex than your Kenetreks. Schnee’s Absaroka will save you some weight while providing the support you’re used to. Solomon 4D and 3-mids are my go to hot weather boot as long as I’m not worried about my feet getting wet. The hunt for perfect fitting boots is frustrating and expensive. That being said, if I were you I’d be buying another pair of Kenetreks. Good luck.

I have the solomons and the meindl Denali’s. I have a jacked up left foot and can’t make most pairs work. I’m gonna try the schnees next time I think. Good luck. I understand the frustration.

I'm using Zamberlan Baltoro Lites currently. I really like the slim downed sole comparatively to most hunting boots I've used in the past. Stay dry, don't sweat terribly bad and seem to keep cactus from from tender feet, lol. The toe box is a little smaller than I'm used to but keeps your foot locked in while ascending and descending. Best of luck!

I'm using Zamberlan Baltoro Lites currently. I really like the slim downed sole comparatively to most hunting boots I've used in the past. Stay dry, don't sweat terribly bad and seem to keep cactus from from tender feet, lol. The toe box is a little smaller than I'm used to but keeps your foot locked in while ascending and descending. Best of luck!
The Baltoro Lites are comfy, but have a serious design flaw. On the heel, the leather overlaps the heel counter material. The stitching on that is guaranteed to wear through. Mine lasted about four weeks. A half dozen tries to get some customer service failed so my credit card canceled payment. If I were you I’d take some rand glue and cover that seam well.

The Baltoro Lites are comfy, but have a serious design flaw. On the heel, the leather overlaps the heel counter material. The stitching on that is guaranteed to wear through. Mine lasted about four weeks. A half dozen tries to get some customer service failed so my credit card canceled payment. If I were you I’d take some rand glue and cover that seam well.
On the ones I purchased the heel has the same rand material as the toe. Maybe the design changed since you had yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back