Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Boom Pole incoming

Stretcher_Jockey

So I'm 23 years old and have always had hand me down rifles and scopes. I'm right handed but left eye dominant so I shoot lefty and all my rifles have been right handed bolts. Never known any different, shot them well enough, killed lots of deer with them and was reasonably content. Well the bug bit me recently and I decided to finally pony up and get what I want. I've been studying for weeks on what kind of rifle to buy that would fit my budget. I finally settled on a LH Tikka T3x Hunter in .308, I went with the Hunter over the regular T3x or Lite just because I have a thing for wood stocks. I pick it up tomorrow and couldn't be more excited! I'll be topping it with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44. Can't wait to spend a lot of time pursuing some lead therapy trying out some different loads to see what it likes best and hoping I can get comfortable enough with it to bring it to Wyoming with me in October.

Anybody else have experiences with these rifles?

My soon to be son in law (STBSIL) was a righty who lost vision in his right eye and is now learning to shoot lefty for the first time. He is joinging us for WY pronghorn hunt in Oct but he only had RH rifles -- so I got him a .270 Win Tikka T3X Lite SS in Lefty this spring. He loves it. (and I really like my 7mm08 and 300wsm in RH). Smooth, light, accurate and a great trigger for factory. My only complaint is the factory mag limits the ability to hand load bullet seating depth the way I would prefer.

I have a lefty tikka t3 lite in 300 win that is my elk and larger rifle. Great gun, easily shoots sub moa. My only complaint with the tikka 300 win mag combo is the mag length doesn't allow for adjusting seating depths, but 300 win is long and most have this problem. Hopefully won't be as big of a deal with a short action.

I am also right handed/left eye dominant and bought my first left hand gun this year. I went with the T3x Lite in 300wsm. Its been a great gun and if I ever find the need to own another hunting rifle, it will be a Tikka.

A boom pole! That's one I haven't heard before. Young man is 23 and I have some advice for him. Before you get to far gone in making up cool words for different things, especially words no one heard before, learn what the things are actually called and use that so everyone understands what your talking about in the first place! A boom pole!

A boom pole! That's one I haven't heard before. Young man is 23 and I have some advice for him. Before you get to far gone in making up cool words for different things, especially words no one heard before, learn what the things are actually called and use that so everyone understands what your talking about in the first place! A boom pole!

And while you're at it, get the hell off my lawn . . . ;)

What about a bang stick? Or a front stuffer? Would that be acceptable to you sir? LMAO!:D

Short trip to the range yesterday to break the barrel in and start working on a good zero. Already have it down to 1-1.5in groups at 100yds with 150gr Federals with the Nosler Partition before I had to head into work last night. Went to work the bolt with my right hand several times though. Lol I guess muscle memory does hard. Loving it so far. I’m looking at trying a few different loads just to see what she prefers.

Back