MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New battery tech to keep an eye on

Irrelevant

seems crazy to me, that 100's a millions of US citizens claim to be fervent Made In America supporters, yet one of the best technologies (it appears) that our Gov't developed (since tang) was allowed to go overseas without so much as an second thought. I'm sure we spend millions upon millions in espionage in China and they here, yet we just let this one walk away...

Along that same vein, it also supports the complete ineptitude of gov't regulations and administration.

I heard the story on the radio yesterday. Sat in the parking lot in disbelief until the story was over.

Some really smart folks at PNNL. I suspect the Washington HTers know this, but for those not familiar...
The original PNNL charter was to study the impacts and mitigation of the waste from the adjacent Hanford Nuclear Reactors. Which is still their primary mission.

All that government research money keeps the Tri-Cities economy alive.
I serviced everything from Laptops and Unix Clusters (supercomputers), to Mainframes there and in the local support industries when I was in the field every day.

The upside for me was the company paid my gas to crawl for powder and primers (and to fish) for all that time. A perk I now truly miss.

Some really smart folks at PNNL. I suspect the Washington HTers know this, but for those not familiar...
The original PNNL charter was to study the impacts and mitigation of the waste from the adjacent Hanford Nuclear Reactors. Which is still their primary mission.

All that government research money keeps the Tri-Cities economy alive.
I serviced everything from Laptops and Unix Clusters (supercomputers), to Mainframes there and in the local support industries when I was in the field every day.

The upside for me was the company paid my gas to crawl for powder and primers (and to fish) for all that time. A perk I now truly miss.

A buddy of mine used to work there. PNNL really does have smart people.

Me either, and in fact, if there are ways to bio-engineer development of the material, then that's clearly where we should be putting R&D instead of simply reverting to digging a hole in the ground.
It can be found as a trace element in coal ash. I already got the hole dug.

In line with the quote above, that 70% of that which has already be extracted hasn't been used.
Interestingly enough, I had a meeting this week with a person from the Department of Energy regarding alternative uses of coal ash. V never came up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back