PEAX Equipment

Never Seen Damage Like This - Warning *Graphic*

I handload ELD-X in my 7mm Rem Mag and had great success dropping a range of animals from 50 yards to 880 yards. No complains from me but never had that amount of damage. Looks like bullet plus bone damage.

I handload ELD-X in my 7mm Rem Mag and had great success dropping a range of animals from 50 yards to 880 yards. No complains from me but never had that amount of damage. Looks like bullet plus bone damage.
The are clearly a marmite bullet then ;)

Last edited:
2 antelope last week out of a 7mm, 162 gr ELD-X. 350 and 470 yards. 2990 fps.

Both entrance holes. Lost maybe 15% of the meat on the front shoulder, on the entrance side. Larger wound channel
than an Accubond, but not excessive like a VLD. I like them so far. Looked nothing like the OP's picture when I got
the hyde off. Sorry not the best pictures.

1602430845436.png 1602431262758.png

You shooting factory loads, or did you reload em? If so, what velocity?

I've only shot one critter, a bull elk, with the ELDX in 6.5 cr factory loads. In my case, the bullet passed through and held together, but I didn't have anything near that in terms of meat damage. I would say in my very limited sample size, it was just right for a double lung shot. Wondering, like several others, how much of that damage is from the bullet and how much is from the bone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back