Never Seen Damage Like This - Warning *Graphic*

I handload ELD-X in my 7mm Rem Mag and had great success dropping a range of animals from 50 yards to 880 yards. No complains from me but never had that amount of damage. Looks like bullet plus bone damage.

I handload ELD-X in my 7mm Rem Mag and had great success dropping a range of animals from 50 yards to 880 yards. No complains from me but never had that amount of damage. Looks like bullet plus bone damage.
The are clearly a marmite bullet then ;)

Last edited:
2 antelope last week out of a 7mm, 162 gr ELD-X. 350 and 470 yards. 2990 fps.

Both entrance holes. Lost maybe 15% of the meat on the front shoulder, on the entrance side. Larger wound channel
than an Accubond, but not excessive like a VLD. I like them so far. Looked nothing like the OP's picture when I got
the hyde off. Sorry not the best pictures.

1602430845436.png 1602431262758.png

You shooting factory loads, or did you reload em? If so, what velocity?

I've only shot one critter, a bull elk, with the ELDX in 6.5 cr factory loads. In my case, the bullet passed through and held together, but I didn't have anything near that in terms of meat damage. I would say in my very limited sample size, it was just right for a double lung shot. Wondering, like several others, how much of that damage is from the bullet and how much is from the bone.

Back