Never had a Leupold

Vx3i 4.5-14 CDS is what I have used for a few years. It’s in your price range and is a solid scope. The turret tracks nicely. It always is back at zero when you dial back down. It’s clear, tough and light.

Sent you a PM. There is a stellar sale on right now for the
Leupold VX-3i Riflescope 4.5-14x40mm, 30mm Tube, CDS, Side Focus, Wind-Plex Reticle

I’d take him up on it. It’s a solid scope for a good price

Do scopes like the Leupolds with firedot reticle ever have issues with corrosion from the batteries?

Actually the 1st Leupold I ever owned was given to me as a prize.....by OYOA, Mr Randy himself. 3.5X10X40 CDS. The scope cost more than the rifle I put it on. I'll say this about that. I've been spoiled against all other scopes since. When it came time to mount some glass on my 338 Fed project I went straight to Predator Optics (keepin' it in the family) and snatched a Leupold 2X7X33 for under $200. Hummm, now I'm thinking that M96 Ruger needs an optic upgrade from that 45 yr old 4X Redfield.

Actually the 1st Leupold I ever owned was given to me as a prize.....by OYOA, Mr Randy himself. 3.5X10X40 CDS. The scope cost more than the rifle I put it on. I'll say this about that. I've been spoiled against all other scopes since. When it came time to mount some glass on my 338 Fed project I went straight to Predator Optics (keepin' it in the family) and snatched a Leupold 2X7X33 for under $200. Hummm, now I'm thinking that M96 Ruger needs an optic upgrade from that 45 yr old 4X Redfield.

I've got some older 4-12 and 6-18 Redfields and they're still keepers.

If they’re the old Japanese Tascos, then they weren’t that bad, and if you ever bought a newer Tasco, you’d wanna vomit. Either way, the Leupold will be well worth it, especially when it comes to color rendering. In my opinion they have much better lens coatings than the Asian scopes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back