Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Never had a Leupold

Preacher shaner

I have my hunting rifles and they shoot real well. But i have always had cheap glass. So i am wanting to upgrade my glass from taxsco to Leopolds. What i want is 4x12x50. But i am wanting to get the cds with it. I also need a 3x9x somtbing. What do yall think. I am not wanting to spend a arm an a leg.
Help

I have my hunting rifles and they shoot real well. But i have always had cheap glass. So i am wanting to upgrade my glass from taxsco to Leopolds. What i want is 4x12x50. But i am wanting to get the cds with it. I also need a 3x9x somtbing. What do yall think. I am not wanting to spend a arm an a leg.
Help
You will not regret spending a couple extra $. I'm still shooting my grandfathers leupold from the 80's. If new just isn't in your budget, used on ebay is an option, but even the entry level new scope by Leupold are great. Randy's last podcast with their crew was great at making me feel good about even there lowest entry level products.

You will not regret spending a couple extra $. I'm still shooting my grandfathers leupold from the 80's. If new just isn't in your budget, used on ebay is an option, but even the entry level new scope by Leupold are great. Randy's last podcast with their crew was great at making me feel good about even there lowest entry level products.
I would like to stay under 500.00 each

If you're budget is under $500 each, then go with the Leupold VX3i line. Schmalts will hook you up with the best glass at the best price anywhere that I've seen.

I'd suggest any of the three scopes:

4.5x14
3.5x10
2.5x8

While none of those are the exact magnification that you are inquiring about, they all represent much better glass than the lower end lines. My got too any more is the 3.5x10x40, but I have both the 2.5 & 4.5. I'd be happy to use those the rest of my hunting career, and not feel the need to upgrade glass unless I won the lottery or had one get crushed (Then, I'd use Leupold's warranty to replace them).

The 3i 4.5-14 is a great scope. It will do anything you will ever need it to. I have 3 of them now and am ready to buy another.

Another vote for the VX-3i. For 99% of situations this is everything you need. I like the 3.5-10, but that'll depend on your intended uses and preferences. I think I paid ~400 @ Cabelas. As said, Schmalts is a good guy to look to..

A 3.5-10 power such as a vx3i will probably be better than a cheap 4-12 power scope just because of the higher quality glass. Cheaper scopes really seem to struggle at higher magnification.

Sent you a PM. There is a stellar sale on right now for the
Leupold VX-3i Riflescope 4.5-14x40mm, 30mm Tube, CDS, Side Focus, Wind-Plex Reticle

A scope with 50mm objective put the scope too high for my liking. I have several of the VX-3i scopes, both the 4.5-14 and 3.5-10 and they’re the finest glass for the money IMO.
Have a 44mm Zeiss on a No 1 and it’s as high as I’d go.
Used to run Simmons scopes and thought they were good. Blew the guts out of a 44 Mag on a 300 RUM. Dropped a Leupold on it and was shocked at the difference. Started changing to quality glass and never looked back.

I would be all over that deal from Schmalts....if I had not switched to a Zeiss.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back