Nevada Waterfowl 2021 - 2022

I'm from Carson City, the area we hunted is in Carson Valley near Genoa.
Great area, can be awesome for geese and mallards. There's a lot of geese around Fallon right now too. I duck hunt much more often due to access, but we shot some lessers on Sunday and I missed a snow on Saturday. Swans have come back too.

The more I hunt waterfowl the more I love it.

Great area, can be awesome for geese and mallards. There's a lot of geese around Fallon right now too. I duck hunt much more often due to access, but we shot some lessers on Sunday and I missed a snow on Saturday. Swans have come back too.

The more I hunt waterfowl the more I love it.
I'm still really apprehensive about it, there is just so much variety of birds and little access, but I think with a couple more trips with experienced people I'll be in a good place. I have some friends with land in Fallon, and I don't think anyone hunts it. I'm planning on approaching them about possibly using it for waterfowl.

I'm still really apprehensive about it, there is just so much variety of birds and little access, but I think with a couple more trips with experienced people I'll be in a good place. I have some friends with land in Fallon, and I don't think anyone hunts it. I'm planning on approaching them about possibly using it for waterfowl.
The field hunts, yes, access is hard. I hunt almost exclusively marsh and water habitats and there is plenty of public access. Geese become pretty easy to identify. Ducks take a lot of exposure to identify birds on the wing and drakes vs hens. Getting them close makes the identification (and shooting) a lot easier.

Back