Nevada Unit 081 - Late Rifle Tag

hawkeye44

I rarely get lucky and when I do it is usually just bad luck. This year, however, may be different. Despite long odds, I got lucky and drew a Nevada Unit 081 late rifle deer tag (12/11-1/1). I’ve never hunted deer in December. What a way to celebrate Christmas!

Since drawing this tag, I been busy doing research, reviewing maps and talking to others who are familiar with the unit. I know the hunt is weather and migration dependent but I look forward to making some scouting trips to learn roads and access points. I would welcome any input, tips or suggestions from folks who have hunted Unit 081 in the past. Feel free to post, pm or email me. Thank you in advance! I will make sure to report back with photos and a story about my hunt.

Hawkeye
[email protected]

That is practically in your back yard. A friend from Western NV hunted that and did have his truck broken into. If you can getaway during the week I'd plan to hit that unit after a big snow system rolls through. From what i've seen it is gonna resemble an antelope hunt with a lot of roads and glassing.

Congrats on the tag. Time will tell if you need a snowmachine...

I think I would seriously consider a mountain lion tag and a houndsman's number in case you cross a hot set of tracks.

I had an elk tag there in 2013 (drawn with 4 points), didn't see a lot of deer but that was in early November. I did see one stud though between Bald & White Rock Mountains. Camped along the side of the road with no theft issues.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back