Nevada ewbie

MC n NV

Hello all from Nevada!

I've been skulking around for a bit and even made a post or two, so I guess it's about time for a formal introduction. Not only am new to the forum, but I'm fairly new to hunting. I took my hunter safety in 2008, with mostly 11 and 12 year olds, and began my journey. I had a lot to learn and feel like I've just scratched the surface at this point.

It was a rocky start at first, but I've figured a few things out. I've managed to draw a deer tag for the last four years and harvest the last three of them. I fool myself with chukar hunting and go looking for 'yotes from time to time as well. Those are sad stories for another time.

Recently, I purchased on OTC tag for Idaho for 2016 elk season. This will be my first elk hunt. My first solo hunt as it stands now as well. I've been digging back in older posts trying to learn as much as I can. I did post about this previously, but it was lost in the great server crash 2016.

Anyway, looking forward to learning as much as I can from y'all in the months to come.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have many great hunts ahead. Sorry about the great server crash of 2016.

What area are you hunting in Idaho this coming year? Welcome to the post server crash Hunt Talk lol

Thanks for the welcomes. I'll be hunting in the Selway EMZ. I haven't got it narrowed down beyond that yet. From what I've read so far, I've learned not to ask for specifics on units. Right now I'm working on figuring out how to get the EMZ outlined on Google Earth so I can study it further.

I can't wait to hunt Idaho now that I can hunt there with Resident prices as a NR disabled veteran. That's an amazing program and I can't express my gratitude enough!!

Hey guys. I'm also relatively new to the Forum and find it both entertaining and informative. I do need a little help. I see this new member to hunt talk was able to post a thread introducing himself. I'm able to post replies to topics but for the life of me I cant find the new thread button. I read this in the FAQs "To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button Post New Thread (you may need the right permissions to do this)" do I need permission from the administrator or something? or am I just blind and cant find where the new thread button is?

thank you for any help in advance

I am probably not the best one to give advice on posts and forums, but here goes. You have to be in a forum, not a thread first of all (both new terms for me as well). Then there should be an icon just below the task bar that says "Forum....User CP.....Hot Topics...etc..) all the way to the left. The icon says new thread I believe.

I am probably not the best one to give advice on posts and forums, but here goes. You have to be in a forum, not a thread first of all (both new terms for me as well). Then there should be an icon just below the task bar that says "Forum....User CP.....Hot Topics...etc..) all the way to the left. The icon says new thread I believe.

thank you for steering me in the right direction. got it figured out now

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back