Nevada DESERT BIGHORN 2019

Nice ram. And the UT one is a beauty too.

What is it like just scouting for 7 days? Is it as exciting as if you were trying to find a ram during the season?

I'm guessing I'd be nervous about a) losing the ram before the season opener b) someone else finding him before opening day, and c) wondering if I should babysit the one I find or go look for other rams.

The way I feel is I want to be done on opening morning. 7 days of looking/hunting. All the same to me

I found this ram on day 4 then lost him until the night before opening. Had just bedded my #2 ram and got lucky to put this one to his final bed.

No one was looking where this ram was. And if I tried to stick with him it would have brought the other hunters right into my lap..... I learned that Nevada sheep hunters spend as much time looking for other guys spotting as they do looking for themselves

I went and found other rams for backup.

Not so funny story but I bedded my 2nd choice and another "hunter" pulled up and after I told him I was going to hunt that ram the next day he said he was going to the south end....guess what? The next morning I talked to another hunter with a tag and that "hunter" ran up that hill before light to try to shoot that ram before I could...he never would have seen that ram if I had not been spotting.....he drove around for 2 days before and never seen a ram
I guess desperation got the better of him

Thanks for the report on your hunt, great to see more pics of your great ram!

Great ram congratulations I hope to draw one day with your amount of points or less!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back