Nevada Apps Out

Oh yeah, Got2hunt... each and every year. My brother and I both have 5 bonus points. We always put in for those next-to-impossable to draw deer tags. It appears that the quotas have been slightly increased for this year -oh boy!! This year we are going to be a little less exclusive in our draw choices. I can't wait to hunt Nevada again!! Let you know if we draw. DD

Im in for sheep, just for points on everything else. build my points up so after I draw ut tags I can apply while on my waiting periods, all the units I want to draw in NV and Colo. require 9-15 points to draw a tag...

Nv

Got to put in if you want to draw! I put in for everything in NV, but just the trophy units.

Yes, Moosie. We all have to pay up-front. Other than forking over $10 to apply for bonus points only (without going full-boat and entering the main draw and not having a chance to get a tag), unless I'm mistaken -to be eligible for the draw, everyone must fork over the full cost of a license and tag. For one deer tag and license for an out of state geezer like me is $395. If unsuccessful in the draw, NDOW will refund you the cost of the tag, BUT if you want to earn a bonus point, you can't ask for a license refund.
Any other state and I'd tell them where to get off. Not Nevada. Really good things can happen while hunting in Nevada if you put in the time and hunt hard & smart.

In NV, if you want to accumulate points you are required to purchase a license. You pay a small application fee for each species, then IF you are successful in the draw they charge you for the tag.

License, and application fees for 5 critters ran around $250, if I remember correctly. I'm hoping to see a couple big hits on the credit card in early June.

I sure wish we didn't have to pay for a license just to get into the draw, and build points. I'm never going to drive to NV to just kill a Yote or Jack Rabbit. I guess I don't really blame them, though.....because it sure weeds out tightwades like me from applying.

NV is one of the few states I do not apply in. Just plain too expensive and there are a lot of people with a lot of points. I like how they sqaure your points but I'd be too far behind and I'm guessing they won't be lowering any of the fees over time! If I had to do it over again, I would have started in NV and not AZ a few years ago.

I guess I would have given up trying to draw in Nevada long ago if only my two buddies and I hadn't had such an unbelieveably great hunt back in '99. All 3 of us got nice bucks, and I saw the biggest muley Iv'e ever seen yet... didn't have a shot -too far. Nevada watches the deer herds like a hawk and want to increase their numbers as opposed to selling a tag to anyone who wants one. It's a little dissapointing tossing money at NDOW year after year and not being able to hunt there, but even the locals take 2 to 3 years to pull a tag. Got a feelin' my brudda & I are gonna get lucky this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back