Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Nevada 231 Elk Advice?

AK2NV

Hi all,

My brother drew the Nevada Unit 231 early rifle elk tag with only 3 points as a non-resident. Unbelievable! I am just as pumped as he is about this tag and I'll surely be living vicariously through him on this hunt. I'm a resident and mildly familiar with the area and its potential for big elk but I have never hunted 231. Would very much appreciate any info out there on the following:
  • Camping locations?
  • Areas to focus attention?
  • Condition of roads - ATVs/UTVs required or will my Taco do the trick?
  • Towns for groceries?
  • Expected weather?
  • Anything???
This tag was a huge surprise and we really want to make the best of it. Would love to chat with anyone that has experience hunting the unit. Thanks in advance and good luck to all this fall!

AK2NV

Thanks, Don K! I assume the Southwest Desert? What a great tag as well. Good luck to you!

I was wondering how the Nevada elk hunt in unit 231 went in 2018. I drew the elk tag this year for the same hunt. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I had 18 points a long time waiting.

Oh wow old threads I was just up helping a buddy a little north of there it was great all weekend till the moon got big. I think early rifle will be amazing good luck.

All I can tell you is they will be up high look for bovine the elk will be near them.

I was planing on hunting near the tops, I have 15 days to find a bull. Will be there on the first of Nov, should give enough time to figure the puzzle out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back