Yeti GOBOX Collection

Neoprene scope covers

marshman

Being from WA scope covers are a necessity.Over the years I have had many of the flip up style covers, most broken or lost.
Now I have a new Ziess Conquest HD-5 that I cannot seem to find a fitting flip up style cover for. After watching all of the Newburg videos and others ones too, and also seeing firsthand use in the Rocky mountain states I have purchased a ScopeGuard Alaska Neoprene cover.
Should be perfect for Idaho in a couple of weeks, but I am curious to see how it will hold up to Washington rain in November? Rained almost an inch here last night.
I'll post results in season.

Don't know the brand but mine is just one I found on Amazon. Spent an evening in a complete down pour with it, and it worked great when I checked my scope later. I like them. My concern was if I need to make a quick shot, but so far I haven't had any hickups taking it off quick to aim. Unless I'm sitting down I usually keep the cover on.

I would also look at rapid rifle covers. They are elastic and allow for quick removal.

I started using a neoprene scope cover two years ago during iowa’s gun seasons Which can be anywhere from 40° and foggy to sleeting to full on rain to 12 inches of snow the night before season. I was concerned I would not be able to remove it fast enough if a deer was moving through an area quickly but I have had no problem with that. I will not be going back to flip up scope covers in the future.

I converted to neoprene scope protectors years ago and have never looked back. I used to use a headband or beanie to protect my scope when hiking to and from my deer stands in the dark. They are light and provide some protection from bumps but, most importantly, keep your lenses clean (dirt, snow, rain, etc.). I recently bought a couple of the Alaskan Scopeguard units due to the slightly thicker neoprene, deeper profile to help protect the chamber plus the capture loop that keeps the cover "tethered" to the barrel (quick detach situations). Hope this helps...

I use a neoprene cover now on all rifles always when putting the rifle in a pack. Too many scratched up scopes.

I use the neoprene covers that my Leopold's come with. I only put them on walking thru thick stuff , strapped to my pack or if its raining. Never had any trouble getting them off or any other issue. Tried the flip up covers that screw into the end of the scope but I didn't care for them. They where build good but I didn't care for them when they were flipped up.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back