Caribou Gear Tarp

Neil Gorsuch SCOTUS Nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schaaf

I will defer to those of you that know more than I about the potential Supreme Court justice.

Thoughts?

No thoughts yet. Will do some research. If he is another Scalia, then I like him on guns but that's the end of it. If he is another Scalia, then I'm afeared my reed done snapped and Ima going down stream looking for an eddy where's I kin crawl out.

First impressions are good. Been on the 10th Circuit of Appeals court for 10 years. From Denver (western America).

Looks good.

You never know until they are Supreme Court; do what they want to do and I have been surprised many times!

Great choice, 2-3 to go and I could care less what happens with trump after that.

His stepfather Bob Buford was the director of BLM in the Reagan administration. I believe that his mom married Buford when Gorsuch was 13 years old.

His stepfather Bob Buford was the director of BLM in the Reagan administration. I believe that his mom married Buford when Gorsuch was 13 years old.

She also worked as administrator for the EPA from 81-83 and tried to dismantle it from the inside. From a Slate Article:

"Anne Gorsuch slashed EPA’s budget by 22 percent and aggressively rolled back clean air and clean water rules and other protections. A lawyer herself, she apparently did not like to see the legal system used to protect the environment: “In the first year of the Reagan administration, there was a 79 percent decline in the number of enforcement cases filed from regional offices to EPA headquarters, and a 69 percent decline in the number of cases filed from the EPA to the Department of Justice,” a House staffer told Grist in 2004. Anne Gorsuch resigned less than two years into the job over a scandal involving mismanagement of the Superfund program."

Neil doesn't really have a track record on land use/enviro issues and he may not share his mothers same views. But only time will tell.

No thoughts yet. Will do some research. If he is another Scalia, then I like him on guns but that's the end of it. If he is another Scalia, then I'm afeared my reed done snapped and Ima going down stream looking for an eddy where's I kin crawl out.

Well, I'm officially anti-Trump now.

This is the most important nomination Trump will make and thankfully it looks like he did a good job!

I'm reading several liberal websites that are somewhat supportive of this pick (slate, salon, nyt, wapo). I think the consensus is that a fight about a qualified candidate isn't worth taking the focus off of the other more important issues.

Still, very strange to read the delicate treatment he is getting from liberal outlets.

I now know he'll be a great judge.

NRA expressed support. Fourth generation Coloradoan. Should be good

I feel better now, the NRA supports him! Wait a minute, don't they also support the Bigot Ted Nugent and every Republican politician who supports PLT. Sure they do, but heck that's a small price to pay cause they're good on guns.

Is it meme time already?

...in before the no value police show up

...T minus 10-9-8...

Guess I am going to have to sharpen my fence pliers & start collecting salt & sugar for cure..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back