Caribou Gear Tarp

Neighbor

hank4elk

Just bumped this guy from his siesta under the pinions 60 yards from my house on way to next door neighbors. summer 16 169.JPGsummer 16 168.JPGsummer 16 170.JPG
This was right before the deluge.

That one just dumped half inch,more on way.Rain thru next week they say.Flashflood watches AZ & NM. Silver Divide got 3" the other night.
I could use a gully washer to fill the big tank & get the knee high grass again with wildflowers.

Nah. Lope tags are tough in my unit.Bow maybe is doable.
They have really sprung back in my area tho. Saw 24 one morning @ the windmill this summer.
I just love seeing them. Had does with youngin's hanging around all summer the last couple years.

Are you down southwest of Datil? Looks like "Flattop Mesa" (the name we used when flying through there). I always see antelope through there on the way to Reserve.

Northwest.
That's Allegres Mtn. Only 10k peak in lower 48 that is all private land.

That's it. Our low level route, when I was flying out of Kirtland AFB in the Air Force, went just south of the mountain to Quemado Lake then north toward Mount Taylor. That was a great visual landmark to make sure we were on course. Great area.

lol,I've seen many military craft,from C-130's to choppers below me when standing on my nearby mesas...8k

not so funny during hunting season ,but I wave or something...lol

lol,I've seen many military craft,from C-130's to choppers below me when standing on my nearby mesas...8k

...was taking the backroads from Wichita Falls to the massive Waggoner Ranch south of Vernon one Saturday morning. Flat winding paved roads but cattle guards and roaming stock everywhere in the salt flats and tank dams. I was cruising with the stereo on...my mind a thousand miles away, when an F/A-18 came across directly in front of me right on the deck. I could see the pilot's face. It was there and gone in a flash bit I swear time stood still...thought my truck was exploding, know my heart almost did.

..bet he was grinning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back