need some advice

tyhunter

I'm planning a pheasant hunt in Nebraska on public land for next season. Can anyone give me some advice on where to hunt. I know numbers are down. I just want to see what another state has to offer.

Ive heard South Dakota is where to go for hot pheasant action. Ive never hunted it but they say you better bring a dog because of thick cover.

Your exactly right. I was in ne sd this year and did well. I'm wanting to try a different state. Will go back to sd.

I'm echoing what duckhunt said, why not go back to South Dakota? I think Nebraska has less birds, less public ground and less huntable ground.

I used to work with a guy from Nebraska and he wanted to torch his whole state after seeing our tracts of public ground for pheasant hunters.

Nebraska birds are spotty, as very few farmers have ever made much of an attempt to farm for them. There is some walk-in land in the southwest, but is more and more limited as the farmers have lost some of the CRP. There is good hunting in some areas out toward Alliance, but there again, you would be better served returning to SD.

I guess the only reason why I don't want to go to sd this year again, is I want to see what different states have to offer. It is hard to find a state other than sd that has decent numbers. I've looked into kansa and iowa, but ther numbers are way low. Thanks for the info

If you want to go to a different state go to NE Montana. Its beautiful country and lots of variety and lots of land to hunt.

Same as boof..........I'm in north central South Dakota with birds and enough public land to walk for days. If you have some questions fire away.

Boof and Deadhead, very generous offers for that kind of information these days. If I didn't have access to a bunch of private, I would definitely take advantage of that.

Montana would be great, but I'm driving from pa. little to long of a drive. I think I might change my mind and head back to sd. Thanks for everyones input.

Been quite a few years but a friend and I hunted near McCook and had good luck. Used pointing dogs and hunted walk-in CRP areas. Did get permission from a few farmers also.

Last season I hunted around conde/ groton area. the ne part of sd. Got into birds every day. And the best part was watching my 5yr old gsp take his game to a hole nother level. Alot of crep and walk in areas. definitely a good place to hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back