Need Some Advice

Sounds like an excellent program!

If $ is not the primary concern, then avoid internet boot buying. If you have plenty of time it can save you a few dimes.

Like someone said above, verify if the boot needs to be crampon compatible.

oops, duct tape, right.

My best advice is learn some history, Nemont, about that footnote under your posts. Texas won independence from Mexico in 1836 and the African and other exotic animals were brought here way after that and then hunted still later than that. You think a Mexican did that?

Get her some double socks too, those thin liners with some wool ones on the outside.

They only have to last 10 days, my gosh, its not that hard to get boots for that, I'm sure many are adequate.

I like what Greenhorn said. Make sure they fit well.

My best advice is learn some history, Nemont, about that footnote under your posts. Texas won independence from Mexico in 1836 and the African and other exotic animals were brought here way after that and then hunted still later than that. You think a Mexican did that?

Tom,

It was a quote from a friend of mine who has hunted all over the world. He said that his experience in Texas was like the Mexican Version of Africa. Made me laugh when he said that so I added it to my signature line.

As for the footwear, I know it is just 10 days however if your feet are hurting after the first day then the next 9 days can be miserable. Therefore I am willing to part with some good money to get a good quality boot.

Don't be so sensitive.

Nemont

Here's a link with a bunch of pictures from years past, pretty neat for sure.

http://earthweb.ess.washington.edu/lnk/Pettit/2002page/goihome.html

I'm just telling you, since I live in the town with the Alamo, where 136 people died for Texas independence. Mexico had nothing to do with the Africa like hunting here. I laugh at how ignorant the statement is. The other three statements are pretty good. Your friend, are they from Montana?

I hope your daughter has a great time and learns a lot too. I bet google.com will find some reading material, if they don't send it to her.

I'm just telling you, since I live in the town with the Alamo, where 136 people died for Texas independence. Mexico had nothing to do with the Africa like hunting here. .

Finally!!!! Someone on here not blaming Mexicans for one of the biggest fugged-up messes in North America. It is good for Tom to take credit for his "four"fathers having been Texans who were too stupid to manage public lands and create opportunity for WILD game instead of zoo hunting...

Oh, Nemont,
Congrats to your oldest, that will be one of those life experiences that she will remember and be able to draw strength from as she goes on in life in many areas that she encounters challenges and obstacles.

It sounds/reads like they supply stuff besides boots and clothes?

Jose, the bulk of federal public lands here were used to pay the debt of the Republic of Texas, since the US government didn't want to take that on. I've never heard any argument for it being an error, it was a cost incured for having Texas join the union. You think it should have been done some other way, what would that way have been?

What's the basic timeline for all this fed. land, it wasn't 1836 now was it? We need to look at that timeline. Here it is, 1845, Texas statehood was way before all the western states like Idaho, Montana, etc.
http://www.genealogytrails.com/ncar/timeline.html

Also, Davy Crockett thought Texas independence was worth coming to Texas and dieing for at the Alamo, he was one of the 136 who held off thousands for a few weeks at the Alamo while Houston got an army together.

What better forefather is there to root for Texas than that?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back