Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nebraska Poaching

Wow, that's tough to read. I'm glad to see some significant punishment handed out to some of the folks involved, and I hope there's more coming.

I have to wonder how much impact it will have to out-of-state jackasses to have their hunting privileges revoked in Nebraska. That still leaves 49 other states to "hunt". It would be fantastic if states could/would get together to ban poachers from multiple states for a violation in one state.

Wow, that's tough to read. I'm glad to see some significant punishment handed out to some of the folks involved, and I hope there's more coming.

I have to wonder how much impact it will have to out-of-state jackasses to have their hunting privileges revoked in Nebraska. That still leaves 49 other states to "hunt". It would be fantastic if states could/would get together to ban poachers from multiple states for a violation in one state.
There is a such a thing! Its called the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact and all states are in on it except Hawaii, Nebraska, Connecticut, New Jersey and Delaware. Nebraska is however in the works of joining.

Unfortunately looks like Nebraska isn't quite there.

Edit: seeth beat me to it.

That’s not even the first time they got caught.

As hunters we are held to a higher standard, and while I don’t go on guided hunts outfitters and guides are an important piece of hunting. They as professionals should be held to a higher standard, and when they blatantly disregard laws, and have 0 respect for the animals (and their clients) they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

How the hunters went along with it for so long is beyond me. Sure a big buck is nice, but where’s the story and experience? “Yeah I paid $5,000 to archery hunt that one and we shot it with a rifle at night using a spotlight”

That’s not a story I would want to tell my kids or grandkid about the trophy buck on the wall.

Incredible. So glad they were caught. You have gotta be a full blown sociopath to build a business around killing things by any un-sporting means possible and let the meat rot.

The desire to appear as a competent outdoorsmen on social media has driven so many people to heinous acts. What’s hilarious to me, is looking back at all the hashtags #hiddenhillsoutfitters on IG and knowing how dubious their “trophy” is. What clowns.

Last edited:
Fox Lake Wisconsin is a small town. I didn't even know they had a car dealer in the town. I'll have stop by when visiting family back there and try to see what real sleazy poacher looks like.

Doesn't sound like they are even really denying the charges. Just that they don't like them. How can you step into it again after what happened with the bear? This time with something indefensible. Idiots.

Doesn't sound like they are even really denying the charges. Just that they don't like them. How can you step into it again after what happened with the bear? This time with something indefensible. Idiots.

Their statements make them pretty hard to support. Grasping for straws. I got a feeling this one is going to hurt them.

"Look at our track record, we shoot big deer so we couldn't be cheating when we shoot not as big deer"
"We don't even gun hunt, if we were poachers we would gun hunt"

Their statements make them pretty hard to support. Grasping for straws. I got a feeling this one is going to hurt them.

"Look at our track record, we shoot big deer so we couldn't be cheating when we shoot not as big deer"
Exactly, their's and their lawyers' statements are more incriminating than anything. Which makes me think there is hard evidence they knowingly took part in the illegal activities. Otherwise, why make such flimsy arguments? Just be like, "We never knowingly took part in poaching", rather than, "These rules are stupid and the consequences too heavy handed".

Also, it has been documented that archery equipment is actually becoming the preferred tool for poachers due to their silent nature.

I'm curious about their lacey act claims.. My perception was that the Lacey act was primarily used to put more teeth into prosecution when there are obvious intentional, repeat, or systemic offenders. Maybe I just haven't seen the cases publicized where the feds go after the random guy who didn't leave identifying skin patches on his walleye fillets before crossing state lines or the ND goose hunter who didn't save the legs on the geese he shot in MT..

115,378 pounds of deer bait = IMPRESSIVE. #committed #sickforit

At least we know the names of the deer they were chasing. I bet the locals are glad this crap is finally getting squashed. Probably a ton of local scuttlebutt that never made the story about the things they didn't get caught for.

I'll let them have their day in court, but its hard to swallow that video of BS. Claimed to have killed only two whitetail deer while hunting with Hidden Hills Outfitters. There are videos of them online hunting with two guides (who have since been convicted in this case) and killing mule deer. The descriptions on the YouTube videos literally list out they are hunting with Hidden Hills and killing mule deer in the video. How do you forget about that and post a video claiming to have killed two whitetail deer? The fact that they are out right lying through their teeth in that video pretty much sums up the type of people they are. How can you expect people to believe you are innocent when you are lying about things that are still published on YouTube?

Never heard of these clowns before now. Took a quick look at the galaxy of queer content on bowmarbowhunting on Instagram, including a few minutes of my life I'll never get back - watching the whiny video they made about the charges. It's like a husband/wife version of the cam hanes instagram.

One thing comes to mind is how difficult the job of outfitting/guiding must be, to have to be around buttholes like these people on their guided hunting displays/exhibitions..

What is the suicide rate for outfitters and guides? I can see how many would just want to take the top off, after an hour or two with people like this.

How do you make a statement video like that and forget about this?
Pic..JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back