Caribou Gear

Nebraska Muley

Buckshotxx

I live in Missouri and am thinking about doing a muley hunt around Chadron Ne. Just wondering if anyone has hunted Muleys out this way and what kind of population i can expect. Thanks

There are some mule deer around. More whitetails in the majority of the areas I hunt. If you are looking for just mulies you might want to stay in Crawford and hunt the grasslands to the north. Seems like I see more mulies up there when I am antelope hunting. If you are gun hunting the openIng weekend is a zoo. By Monday it's not too bad. Might concider muzzleloading. Less hunters and a month long season= less hunting pressure.

Grew up in Chadron. THe mule deer numbers are down and whitetail are way up been back there hunting the last 3 years and have only seen a few good bucks if you look around rushville or south of Hay springs you can find a few more but most of the land is private knock on a few doors many will let you deer hunt but not bird hunt. Just my two cents.. good luck

I've hunted 5 seasons around Chadron. You will find decent mule deer on private, public land will be tough for a big buck. Area not really place to go for a big Mulie.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm not looking for a monster mulie thats for sure. Just haven't been mulie hunting yet and would like to try something other than whitetail that i can buy a tag otc. If anyone else has any recommendations on places i may have overlooked wouldn't mind hearing them. Thought about maybe North Dakota as well always nice to get out and see new places.

Lot of left over tags available in Wy.Or tags you can draw with no points.I'd go one more state farther and hunt Wy.Never hunted Neb,but hear the same from everyone that has;tons of rifle hunters on public.I bet if you hunt deep enough you could pull a good buck out though,and look at their walk in areas to

Can anybody recommend a good walk in area in the NW part of Nebraska for Muleys. Wouldn't be affraid of walking in several miles to get away from the crowds during rifle season. Thanks.

Pine Ridge National Forest lots of land and plenty of area you can walk into. There are going to be a ton of people everywhere during rifle season. If you want to be by yourself try muzzy season not many people and the deer have had a chance to calm down from all the rifle hunters still a good chance at a nice buck too.

check into the FORT ROBINSON area, pondorosa wma, chadron wma....lots of deer

Back