Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nebraska Deer hunters

seeth07

Don't forget that today is the first day that the 2020 Nebraska deer tags go on sale. It starts at 1PM CST.

Due to how demand has been for other western states with limited tags, you should anticipate the sell out date for all of these deer tags to be drastically sooner. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pine Ridge unit is sold out by tomorrow.

1596462835355.png

Only 240/1200 pine ridge tags left, selling these tags is speedy fashion as predicted. If you want to get in on some quality public land mule deer hunting, your chance is slipping away!

Only 240/1200 pine ridge tags left, selling these tags is speedy fashion as predicted. If you want to get in on some quality public land mule deer hunting, your chance is slipping away!
I purchased a tag today just based on the amount of public land in that unit. Do you have any insight into how pressured it is once you get away from the roads?

I purchased a tag today just based on the amount of public land in that unit. Do you have any insight into how pressured it is once you get away from the roads?

There is nowhere to get away from the crowds on public there. Just use the crowds to your advantage

Sure, sure, whats your angle?

You just put your lifesavings in a fixer upper motel in Crawford?
Nothing actually, just trying to help people out on this forum that normally buy Nebraska deer tags. Normally, most don't sell out until November and even the Pine Ridge unit (highest percent of public land/unit in Nebraska) doesn't sell out until about a month later but this year is different. There are only 18 tags left for that unit right now so it will sell out less than 24 hours. This mimics all other big game sales this year across the west. Just being an active voice to help educate people so they are disappointed when they go to buy their tag at their normal calendar time and find out they are all gone.

Lots of pressure in that area, good luck to all that try it.
Point they are making is lots of deer, maybe but lots of folks for sure.

Lots of pressure in that area, good luck to all that try it.
Point they are making is lots of deer, maybe but lots of folks for sure.
Yes no doubt there is a lot of pressure. The thing about Nebraska and I don't know if its residents or non-residents but in that state for whatever reason it seems the public land hunter is extra lazy. Out west, I've met people willing to hike a dozen miles a day and get into some nasty places. I have never met a person 3 miles in where I hunt in that state and literally from my glassing tit, I watch a hunter pull up in his truck, park, walk a loop that goes about 1/2 mile in resulting in a 2-3 mile hike and they return to their truck and drive away. Then an hour later, here comes the next guy....and then another. Its a cycle all opening weekend long and its easy to see why there are no deer anywhere near that parking area. O and its the same thing on the private pieces that border the public. It actually makes the deep public property a sanctuary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back