Caribou Gear

Nebraska Deer for 13 yr old daughter

Cotten

My 13 year old daughter says she wants to hit Nebraska again to try to find a decent buck with the muzzleloader. We generally hunt a day or two during general rifle and then the late doe season, and only in North Platte or Frenchman, as we live in Colorado. She shot her first buck this year, a little forky here in Colorado, and now she's itching to go after something a bit bigger. We have a small RV we can pull and will likely hunt 2-3 days. I would happily accept any private messages with suggestions on where to look in late December. A whitetail is probably much more likely than a mule deer, but she will be stoked with whatever. Thanks in advance.

I feel like I should add a little more detail. She has been hunting with me since she was 5 years old. Walking a few miles to get a good spot isn't a problem, nor is covering rough terrain. She's a trooper and pretty motivated. She also handles the cold well. All that to say, don't hesitate to suggest something that would normally seem aggressive for a 13 year old. Thanks again.

I really appreciate the members that have reached out to me. My little is excited to give it a go here in a few weeks.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my original message. My daughter has the statewide nonresident youth tag, which is not valid in the Frenchman or Platte units. We hunt Frenchman on the antlerless only season choice tags in January. She is looking for an opportunity at a decent buck, most likely a whitetail, and we are willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the state to hunt 2-3 days for a reasonable opportunity to make that happen in late December. If you have a a spot you're willing to suggest we look at, please shoot me a PM.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back