Nebraska archery mule deer

Jwhigg18

Alright fellas Last year you all helped with my first mule deer hunt in Nebraska during rifle season and I ended up being successful on the second day. I have now made somewhat of a last minute decision to not only go back to Nebraska in November with a rifle but also purchase a archery tag and go in early September. I live in Georgia so this is completely out of my element and what I’m hoping for the most is to just learn from the experience. If anyone has experience with this hunt I would love to hear about it. I’ll be going back to pine ridge to the same location I was at in November because I feel like it’s pretty good stalkable area. But because of work schedule I will actually be coming into the Frenchmen unit opening morning. I’m not asking for secret locations just general information mainly about bedding. My idea is to only stalk them when they are bedded but looking at google earth it’s hard for me to see good bedding areas. Do you think I will be surprised at the bedding areas I will find? On google earth in the Frenchmen unit it looks like there’s agriculture everywhere but it’s lacking good bedding area. Should I be more focused on bedding areas instead of food. I’ll be hunting the open fields and water property’s in the Frenchmen unit. Thanks

Early season spot them feeding and stalk them once they bed down.

Stalking strategies-

Back