Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Nebraska Antelope or Mule deer

kelley12

Looking to try and get a tag for Antelope in Nebraska and maybe a mule deer. Was wondering how access is in the north western part of the state and if people in the area have seen good population in recent years. It will be a rifle hunt as of right now but that could change. I am not chasing trophies, pretty much what ever is legal would be make happy. I have never dont mule deer or antelope.

I am from Michigan so a scout trip is probably not going to happen for me, just e scouting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking to try and get a tag for Antelope in Nebraska and maybe a mule deer. Was wondering how access is in the north western part of the state and if people in the area have seen good population in recent years. It will be a rifle hunt as of right now but that could change. I am not chasing trophies, pretty much what ever is legal would be make happy. I have never dont mule deer or antelope.

I am from Michigan so a scout trip is probably not going to happen for me, just e scouting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a non-resident, the only antelope licenses you can purchase are going to be a late season doe/fawn which is over the counter with caps or an archery tag which is straight over the counter. You won't be able to get a rifle or muzzleloader tag for a buck if you are a non-resident unless they changes some laws or you purchase land here in NE.

As far as mule deer goes, there is a fair amount of public land access in that NW corner of the state, but I can imagine it gets pressured pretty heavily during the November rifle season. I don't have personal experience hunting the public ground in that area so I could very well be wrong.

Hopefully the information provided on Nebraska antelope helps.

I hunt out west for antilope and have seen great #s. With that said it's very tough hunting. Very flat and not alot of cover. I bow hunt only for them because there is not alot of pressure. Mule deer are on a management list as of now so limited area and tags for rifle there.

As others have stated, as a nonresident, you're limited to archery only if you're wanting to chase an antelope buck.

If you're wanting to chase an antelope doe, there are OTC doe tags available for nonresidents and residents, but they're extremely limited and typically sell out within 24-48 hours.

If you're dead set on a rifle hunt, I'd take a hard look at eastern Wyoming. Nonresident rifle buck tags, cheaper and more plentiful doe tags, and it's really not much further of drive from Michigan (might actually be closer depending on the unit).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back