Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NE Wyoming Ducks

UWYOshooter

has anyone setup on the Bighorn river in Worland or Thermopolis latelly? Heading over there this weekend and jsut trying to find out is the water is open.

Most of the stuff above Thermop had dangerous shelf ice last weekend. Don't know about further north...

Had a good weekend, Landed a pile of golden eyes, Mallards and Geese. Water is froze from about Winchester north through Worland, but Thermopolis north is all open Water.

Ducks go until this coming saturday the 18th and geese goes until Feb 1. In Platte and Goshen County, Geese go until the `15th. We went back over last weekend and limited on Mallards. Could have shot droves of golden eyes and divers and Merg's. My buddy bagged a widgeon and a gadwall. Geese didnt seem to want to leave the fields and were hi flyers. Temp was single digits and medium clouds.

Closing Weekend of Ducks....Blue bird day, no wind, warm. Ducks had no reason to fly. only caught 2 low flying mallards and a scattered amount of golden eyes. Did manage to bag a real pretty Wood Duck Drake and a couple green wing teals and a couple widgeons. Still 2 weeks of Geese left up here. hopefully they cooperate.

I saw gobs of ducks a couple weeks ago in the Wind River Canyon below Boysen. They knew that they were safe I guess. There were quite a few ducks lower down, too.

It is interesting that you got a wood duck this time of year. They go south from here after the first bit of cold weather.

We have until the 26th for ducks here, but I have not been shooting them this year. There have been more geese around than I have ever seen. There has been a record goose harvest on the Game and Parks land on the west end of lake Mac and I think about everybody around here that hunts them has done well also.

im thinking they hide out in the canyon and on Ocean Lake on the Reservation and come down river to feed. I was shocked about the wood duck myself. Must be a stragler. I havent seen any since early november.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back