Caribou Gear Tarp

ND Results

I will be putting in my work making sure I do this tag justice for all those who are still waiting. I will be spending as many weekends as possible this summer with my spotting scope, tossing as many rounds as possible downrange fine tuning my shooting, and spending as many hours in the gym as possible (which I already do). I plan to start a thread so my fellow ND hunters can live Vicariously through me.

I will be putting in my work making sure I do this tag justice for all those who are still waiting. I will be spending as many weekends as possible this summer with my spotting scope, tossing as many rounds as possible downrange fine tuning my shooting, and spending as many hours in the gym as possible (which I already do). I plan to start a thread so my fellow ND hunters can live Vicariously through me.

Wonderful! Good luck

I don’t think it works like that for elk I think you have to have elk on your land - the department has to okay it
Oh, it does work like that. Take your rational thought and disregard it when it comes to LO elk tags in ND. As long as your land falls within the boundaries on the application (link above) you are in there. It is complete BS. And, it used to be 160, someone obviously had 150 and raised a stink so G&F caved to make it 150.

Last edited:
Please do so! Congrats on the tag, I mean eat shit...but still congrats ;) lol

You got any landowners contacts out there?

Please do so! Congrats on the tag, I mean eat shit...but still congrats ;) lol

You got any landowners contacts out there?

I do not have any landowner contacts, I plan on making some though! May be trading some steaks for permission!

Any advice on being succesful when talking to ND ranchers and land owners out there?

I do not have any landowner contacts, I plan on making some though! May be trading some steaks for permission!

Any advice on being succesful when talking to ND ranchers and land owners out there?
Kiss their ass, I had heard of dozens of people getting shutdown for elk.

Start early too so you know where to not bother looking.

Moving this over to my other thread here

Get your check book ready!!!!!

I had the tag in 05, scouted my butt off. Found elk, always on private and all had a price tag. Shot a small 6x6 after hunting 14 days. Seen elk 6 of the 14, had locals help on the scouting in July and August.

You have drawn 2 years too late. The RMEF paired up with a local to open up 26,000 acres of PLOTS. Lots of elk were there 2 years ago, last year hunters never seen any.

Good luck.

Yeah I was apart of that project as a Mule Deer Foundation committee member!

I am not too concerned with the private/public land issue. I have dealt with it many times on western hunts and have Onx in my toolkit. When the time comes I will work out a plan and see what options there are with landowners if needed.

No need to look for permission, there are many many bulls killed every year on public.. but it sure doesnt hurt to put feelers out.

The 150 acre rule is because of mis-shaped “quarters”/160acre parcels. Doenst always come out to 160, especially with county roads going thru the land. Deeded acres tech. won't equal 160 with a misshaped parcel.

Landowers do not get tags every year. They are on a bonus pnt. system. They can draw but usually every few years.

Land that qualifies needs to be within the list that the game and fish has broke down into legal descriptions..

Ppl get pissed, but it is what it is.... i know ranchers that love taking a cow for the meat with their tags. Not everyone is out trophy hunting the bull that you wish u had a tag for.

I fully agree with Tjd.

I have yet to meet someone that put in the work and wasn't successful on public land with this tag. I have met a few that got discouraged because it wasn't as easy as they thought it would be.

I know which I will be :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back