NCAA Wrestling Championships

I Wish! Have a great time I will watch the finals on the tube.

I really like that 133lbr from Michigan (Michici??) and Joey McKenna from Iowa at 141 and of course Bo Nickal from Penn at 184. I look forward to watching on the tube but if I could be there I would.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll be watching as much as I can on the interwebs. Friday night semis and Saturday finals for sure. I have been to maybe 10 of them at Carver Hawkeye, the UNI dome, and St. Louis.

Going to be tough to beat PSU with a good crowd close to home but this OSU team has been pretty solid this year so they might be able to do it.

I won't be there, but hopefully I'll be watching it on TV. I wrestled HWT for Lock Haven back in the mid 2000s, but I grew up a Penn State fan. My dad has had season tickets since I was around 6 years old. It's always been fun to go to the matches at Rec Hall, but man has it been great the past 10 years since Cael took over, especially the last 4 with this senior class. These guys are unbelievable.

Good luck to you! Kick some ass. (My fav video this year was Sam Stoll and his coach doing the WWE hype during state games. Choreographed as hell, but pure entertainment for the local fans.)

OSU aint gotta a chance unless some of PSU guys get hurt. seeding/ brackets/schedules
They have as good of a shot at winning as anyone not named PSU. When they beat Iowa handily I was really impressed.

Here are my picks for ncaa wrestling starting tomorrow in Pittsburgh!
125 lee (Ia) maj dec mueller(UVA)
133 Fix (Oklstate) sv2 over Desanto (IA)
141 McKenna (Ohio State) dec Diakimihalis (Cornel)
149 Jordan (Ohio State) dec Kolodzik (Princeton)
159 Nolf (PSU) Maj Dec Deakin (Northwestern)
165 Joseph (PSU) dec Marinelli (Ia)
174 Valencia (asu) dec Hall (psu)
184 Martin (Ohio State) dec Rasheed (Psu)
197 Nickal (PSu) dec Weigel (Oklstate)
285 Steveson (MN) dec White

TeamRace: 1.PSU (wrapped up before finals) 2. Ohio State 3. Iowa 4. Oklahoma State

Since I’m from Iowa:
125 Champ
133 runnerup (could be as low as 6)
141 2-2 (doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies)
149 6th (gets a lead and shuts down, it will cost him at nationals)
157 7th (good, but over ranked all year)
165 runnerup (kills me to say this, Joseph will find a way)
174 no qualifier
184 rnd of 12 (3rd year in a row)
197 4th (right where he should be as a Freshmen)
285 6th (has to win first match against 4 seed)

Who do you got in the finals and for each of your schools qualifiers??

I didn't even realize that they were in Pittsburgh(my home town) until earlier today. I won't be there, but I'll be rooting for my nittany lions regardless.

Gellar,
- I got Sebass at 125, he’s got Lee’s number right now.
- Yianni beats McKenna
- Hall beats Valencia
- And who ever earns it at 133 is a beast.
I think your picks are spot on....

Gellar,
- I got Sebass at 125, he’s got Lee’s number right now.
- Yianni beats McKenna
- Hall beats Valencia
- And who ever earns it at 133 is a beast.
I think your picks are spot on....
You could be right. Only two weights I would be shocked if my pick didn’t win would be 157 and 197. It’s possible that the Nolf and Nickal each get bonus points in everyone of their matches.

I have a ton of respect for how Marinelli beat Joseph in the finals two weeks ago. I have zero respect for how he beat Wick in the semis. I know Marinelli has had Wicks number all year but I was glad to see they are on the same side of the bracket and hope they see each other again.

I'm not picking scores, cause you never know how that'll go. But (Heres some unoriginal picks):

125: Rivera (NW) over Lee (IA)
133: Micic (MI) over Fix (OKST)
141: Diakomihalis (COR) over Lee (PSU)
149: Ashnault (RUT) over Jordan (OHST)
157: Nolf (PSU) over Deakin (NW)
165: Joseph (PSU) over Wick (WI)
174: Valencia (ASU) over Hall (PSU)
184: Martin (OSU) over Rasheed (PSU)
197: Nickal (PSU) over Moore (OHST)
HWT: Stevenson (MN) over White (OKST)

For the record I think 5 of the top 6 HWT are in the bottom half of that bracket.

Back