NC or TN bear hunt

Got you another link who is well recommended. I believe they do stand hunts as well as dog chases.
http://www.daretohyde.com/

A little too rich for my blood.

Yep that was the one that I was referring to in the original post when I said guaranteed hunt for $7500 ($9500 if its over 500lbs). That's a lot more than I'm willing to pay. I like the earlier one you sent (Conman). I've already emailed him and tried calling him but no answer. It looks like a good outfitter I'm just a little curious since they haven't updated any content on their website since 2014.

Got you another link who is well recommended. I believe they do stand hunts as well as dog chases.
http://www.daretohyde.com/

A little too rich for my blood.

I've never heard of them. That is more than a little steep for a bear hunt, but looking through I noticed the deer rate. $1250 for Dare Co deer for a three day hunt! An 85" buck is a trophy in that area. Ive hunted that area hundreds of times. The rate goes from steep for bear, to crazy for deer. But, some folks don't mind paying I guess.

I've never heard of them. That is more than a little steep for a bear hunt, but looking through I noticed the deer rate. $1250 for Dare Co deer for a three day hunt! An 85" buck is a trophy in that area. Ive hunted that area hundreds of times. The rate goes from steep for bear, to crazy for deer. But, some folks don't mind paying I guess.

They're probably catering to the invaders from the North who build those vulgarly large homes out on Nags Head which stand empty most of the year. Ever notice how money always seems to screw up everything of beauty?

I live right between Tellico and Ocoee. Like you said, gettting in on the party hunts is next to impossible unless you know one of the party. However, I have heard there may be a bear added to the rifle deer/boar hunt in the Cherokee NF this year. Dont know how true that is though. If that had been the case, I would have taken 3 bears while deer hunting Tellico in the last 15 yrs. Still horrible odds. Gotta admit it, around here you gotta run em with hounds. Plus, by the time the rifle deer hunt rolls around, there have already been a couple of bear dog hunts and the bears are scattered. If you do decide to do it, seems like the bigger bears have been coming out of South Cherokee/Ocoee the last few yrs.

Between Tellico and Ocoee? Whereabouts? That could be anywhere from Turtletown, Copper Basin area to Etowah area :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back