• 7mm-08 139 grain SST

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 7mm-08 140 grain Nosler Accubond

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 7mm-08 150 grain ELD-X

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I went out to the range today. 7mm-08 with the Accubonds and Big Game were less than impressive. However, I was seating depth testing and the groups were tightening up. I just didn't get to finish.

Right now, looks like I will be taking the 6.5 CM with the Norma Bondstrikes. I loaded some and took them out to confirm groups from last time I tested them and they came through.

I will revisit the 7mm-08 if I have time, but I just got the last of the items for my muzzleloader, so I need to set that up before season starts at the end of the month. Plus try and get some scouting done.

Thanks for everyone who played along.

Ruger Amreican 6.5 Creedmoor
143 Norma Bondstrike
41/5 grains H-4350
COL 2.803
Rem 9 1/2 Primer
Starline Brass

6.5 CM 143 BS_41.5 H-4350_Ruger American.jpg

Well, I went out to the range today. 7mm-08 with the Accubonds and Big Game were less than impressive. However, I was seating depth testing and the groups were tightening up. I just didn't get to finish.

Right now, looks like I will be taking the 6.5 CM with the Norma Bondstrikes. I loaded some and took them out to confirm groups from last time I tested them and they came through.

I will revisit the 7mm-08 if I have time, but I just got the last of the items for my muzzleloader, so I need to set that up before season starts at the end of the month. Plus try and get some scouting done.

Thanks for everyone who played along.

Ruger Amreican 6.5 Creedmoor
143 Norma Bondstrike
41/5 grains H-4350
COL 2.803
Rem 9 1/2 Primer
Starline Brass

View attachment 291456
What were your velocities?

Yikes, isn’t that slow for the 6.5? What did you get with the 7-08 and BG powder with the 140 Accubonds?

Yikes, isn’t that slow for the 6.5? What did you get with the 7-08 and BG powder with the 140 Accubonds?
It is not screaming, but it drives tacks and for NC deer out to 200, all I need.

140 Accubond.jpg

I want all the speed. Lol. I’m a grain and a half above your max 7-08 load. That’s been very accurate for alot of folks.

I want all the speed. Lol. I’m a grain and a half above your max 7-08 load. That’s been very accurate for alot of folks.
Roger that. I may load a few at the higher weight. I love speed too, but I will take accuracy first. If I get both, win/win.

I’m so much so, I won’t even look at loads below 1/2 a grain below book max. So far over a dozen of rifles and nearly as many cartridges, I haven’t had any trouble getting accuracy and speed. 🤞

Good luck this season.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back