Yeti GOBOX Collection

NBA Finals

Marshian

I’m probably in the minority here, but as far as professional sports are concerned, the NBA is second only to the NFL for me. I’m a Pistons fan, but I must say I’m pretty pumped for these finals. Hoping for Denver to get their first ring, but Jimmy Butler and the Heat would be OK to. And lastly, just to stir up the pot, Lebron James is a total beast no matter your thoughts on his politics. The guy is the GOAT IMO, and I was alive and watched MJ as well. The league will lose a truly special player when he retires.

I’m probably in the minority here, but as far as professional sports are concerned, the NBA is second only to the NFL for me. I’m a Pistons fan, but I must say I’m pretty pumped for these finals. Hoping for Denver to get their first ring, but Jimmy Butler and the Heat would be OK to. And lastly, just to stir up the pot, Lebron James is a total beast no matter your thoughts on his politics. The guy is the GOAT IMO, and I was alive and watched MJ as well. The league will lose a truly special player when he retires.
Physically Lebron is a beast. But he is a mental midget compared to Jordan. It’s not even close. Because of that Lebron struggles to get in the top 5 of all time greatest players. If you need a play, im taking Jordan all day. History shows that. Jimmy Butler even may be more deadly when the chips are down. Obviously Lebron is a more gifted athlete than Butler. Im taking Nuggets in 6.

LeBron missed his window for the GOAT conversation. A 4-peat (or more) in Cleveland would have been a strong case. Not taking anything away from him, but IMO to be the GOAT you have to do something no one else has done and he's just chasing rings and stats now. Truly a special player, but a solid #2 behind MJ, possibly tied with Kobe IMO. MJ's competitiveness is second to none. The Last Dance documentary sealed it for me, and then the Air movie to further show how MJ changed not only the game but the business side of basketball - paving the way for those to follow. Part of it is not LBJ's fault, he can't do something that's already been done just how history was written. Kyrie was his Pippen but for whatever reason that didn't last - truly sad Kyrie did what he did demanding out of Cleveland but again I don't think that's on LeBron, just the way history went.

Further detracting is his proclamation of being the "King." Never been a fan of that ego, but for the most part he has backed it up. I'm a Cavs fan, so those 4 years were a fun run! Hoping these young Cavs can build a contending team.

Michael Jordan said it best, "Republicans buy sneakers too."

Made a little money on the Heat's run through the Eastern Conference but this matchup looks a lot like Nuggets in 5. LeBron is an incredible talent but in the final possession of a Game 7 with a title on the line, give me MJ or Kobe. They both had the killer mentality that seems to escape LBJ sometimes.

[QUOTE="rogerthat, post: 3609516, member: But he is a mental midget compared to Jordan.
[/QUOTE]
What???? mtmuley

I'm ready for Big Honey to bring a ship to Denver.

My first Nuggets game just happened to be the beginning of the regrettable Allen Iverson tenure as a Nugget.

I enjoyed 90’s NBA ball and enjoy it now. If anything the late 90’s/early ‘00’s was the black hole IMO. It’s funny how hard it is for people to objectively appreciate a player like LeBron.

Jokic is better at hoops than most realize. Probably no current player has the feel for the ball and touch that he does. Also he and his brothers are hilarious.

[QUOTE="rogerthat, post: 3609516, member: But he is a mental midget compared to Jordan.
What???? mtmuley
[/QUOTE]
The dude is one of the most physically gifted humans that has ever walked the earth maybe the most. Ask yourself this question, what if Lebron was a 5’6” 200 pounds and very un athletic. What would he be doing? I wouldn’t bet he would be successful at anything. Jordan would still be a millionaire. That man is a killer and has the killer mentality. Same with Kobe.

Here was my pregame text in a group chat with some childhood buddies. We grew up playing hockey in MN and went to school together in WI, so The NBA has always been on the edge of knowledge for us.

1685670229686.png
I am a total nuggets bandwagon-er right now.

(apologies to any HTer with a neck tattoo or flat brim raiders hat)

What???? mtmuley
The dude is one of the most physically gifted humans that has ever walked the earth maybe the most. Ask yourself this question, what if Lebron was a 5’6” 200 pounds and very un athletic. What would he be doing? I wouldn’t bet he would be successful at anything. Jordan would still be a millionaire. That man is a killer and has the killer mentality. Same with Kobe.
[/QUOTE]

None of those guys would anything without there physical gifts. All would be nobody’s if they were 5’6. Physical gifts are part of being great. And Lebrons win with Cleveland cemented his status. Peoples memory of Jordan is as if he only played six seasons. And Lebron would dominate that era as easily as today. His body is built for physicality. And he has hit more than his share of game winners and had that ridiculous game against the Pistons in the playoffs scoring the last 25 points for his team. Social media has been his greatest blessing and curse.

None of those guys would anything without there physical gifts. All would be nobody’s if they were 5’6. Physical gifts are part of being great. And Lebrons win with Cleveland cemented his status. Peoples memory of Jordan is as if he only played six seasons. And Lebron would dominate that era as easily as today. His body is built for physicality. And he has hit more than his share of game winners and had that ridiculous game against the Pistons in the playoffs scoring the last 25 points for his team. Social media has been his greatest blessing and curse.
[/QUOTE]
They may not be nba greats for sure but what I have found in life is that the same people are consistently successful in life have one thing in common. That is their mind and mindset. You can apply that to public land hunting to take this full circle back to the point of this board. Jordan and Kobe would be outstanding public land elk hunters if they wanted to imo. They had determination, grit, work ethic, and a winners mindset.

What???? mtmuley
[/QUOTE]
That doesn't have shit to do about the knowledge of basketball. James has far more of a mental grasp of the game than than Jordan and Kobe. The guy could coach and play if needed. And he's a billionaire. I'm all about Jordan and his will to win. But he didn't drag any scrubs to the Finals. And it is rarely mentioned about his failures before he finally put it together. I lean towards Jordan as the best ever. To discount James in the conversation is ignorant of the game. mtmuley

They may not be nba greats for sure but what I have found in life is that the same people are consistently successful in life have one thing in common. That is their mind and mindset. You can apply that to public land hunting to take this full circle back to the point of this board. Jordan and Kobe would be outstanding public land elk hunters if they wanted to imo. They had determination, grit, work ethic, and a winners mindset.
[/QUOTE]

Kobes dad was a professional basketball player. Michael Jordan came from a loving family and had a close bond with his dad. Lebrons mom was a drug addict single mom and he had a much more difficult childhood. Yet Lebron has never been involved in scandal unlike both of those players. So let’s take it easy on the weak mental aspect of Lebron. He was hyped beyond anyone ever and has completely lived up to it. He is as gritty as the others.

I can't wait til huntin season...

Anyway go Nuggets!!!

As far a LeBron goes. He made the right call moving to LA. I strongly believe he did this to boost his acting career. Seriously, dude spends more time floppin on the ground than a fish that was caught by Momma Newberg does.

The bad boy era would've chewed up and spit out half these guys in the NBA now.

I know I'm gonna get a bunch of flack over this post. So I'm going to go back to decorator sister's wedding on Saturday.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back