Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nature Conservancy Director getting lazy?

Muledeer4me

What? The nature conservancy's donor's and State Director are getting to old ,fat & lazy to hike in to bird hunt and look around.
Looks like the fat assed ATV rider's have company. LOL
BLM questions conservancy director’s use of access road

["LEWISTON — Federal land managers have expressed concern about what appears to be preferential treatment on west-central Idaho´s Craig Mountain for supporters of the Nature Conservancy.
Bureau of Land Management Field Manager Greg Yuncevich labeled as inappropriate the conservancy´s use of a limited-access road on its Cove Gulch property to drive contributors in so they could hunt birds.

Yuncevich said the reason Cove Gulch was not officially closed to motorized vehicles when the BLM bought it from the conservancy in 1995 was because access to the road was blocked by a gate on the adjacent conservancy preserve in Hells Canyon. The road is restricted to administrative use only.

But he said a formal closure may have to be initiated because of the questionable use of the road by conservancy state director Geoff Pampush.

“I need to treat the public as an all inclusive public,” Yuncevich said.

During a recent donor appreciation weekend, Pampush drove donors from the Garden Creek Preserve to Cove Gulch to tour the conservancy´s weed treatment projects and hunt chukars, an upland game bird."]

Edition Date: 11-15-2003

Exactly what we're always arguing about! Some people here say if it's not illegal it's OK to do it. RIGHT? Well, it wasn't specifically illegal to use the road.

"But he said a formal closure may have to be initiated because of the questionable use of the road by conservancy state director Geoff Pampush"

Now, because the director had the same mentality as all the posters here who say, "If it's not illegal, I'm going to do it.", a problem has developed. Of course, it's OK if the SI posters do something that is not specifically illegal, but it's wrong OK if the Nature Conservancy director does something that is not specifically illegal.

Is there a double standard used?

I'll be gone a few days. See ya later.

Lock all the flippin' gates, and we can remove the "temptation" from the Director and from all the Fat-Assed ATV Riders
biggrin.gif

the Director is a Fat-Assed ATV Rider
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ithaca, just shut up....
the difference between fat assed atv riding director and those who post here is huge.......
practice what you preach

I think driving in to tour the facilities and the project may have been a legal use, the administrative clause there.

Going hunting while you're administratively in there, is the illegal part.

How' that, does that address the double standard issue?

They shoud not be hunting while they are administering, that's the error they made. Therefore, no double standard. How's that Ithaca?

Saying just shut up, that's a single standard too or maybe it comes from the flare of the "fat ass ATV rider image" popping into sight. Some people say that whenever they hear what they don't like, no matter who says it, no matter what the reasoning is. Its uniformly applied. haha

What do you think, uniform or double standard, on each issue?

mike, So I don't think you're even more simple minded than I thought before; please show me where the article said the Director was riding an ATV.

"the difference between fat assed atv riding director and those who post here is huge......."

And explain the "huge" difference, too!

IT, I think the touring of weed control project and area by the director and contributors would be legal, but when did hunting become an ADMINISTRATIVE USE. Is that an act you yourself have done, possibly as a CAP representative/director?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back