Natural gear camo for big game?

MMarshall

Anyone use natural gear for big game hunting? I have a jacket I use for waterfowl and I really like how it is holding up and how the pattern works. I am thinking of using it for big game. any info is appreciated!

Yep, I have a heavy fleece set in Natural Gear that I use when it is bitter cold and I really like it!

Its my favorite pattern. Pretty much works anywhere. I have used it in the big woods of maine, swamps in georgia, crop fields in virginia, and sage brush in wyoming. It has done well in all situations, mainly becaue it does not darken with distance like most patterns. The clothing is of good not great quality, but is all I need for my huning. If you plan on some extreme hunting situations the waterproof clothing may not be adequate. It is waterproof but the fabric gets heavy and the cuffs let water wick back up the sleeve after saturation. Its adequate when you have the ability to dry every evening. For normal situations though it is adequate.

Anything that breaks up your outline will work. The pattern or brand name doesn't matter. Just plain olive drab or khaki works just as good as camo as long as you keep yourself inconspicuous which you have to do even when wearing camo.

I was on their Pro Staff for years and absolutely loved the pattern. I used it for everything from treestand whitetails to waterfowl, to western KS antelope. The only issue I ever had was that the durability was sub par, and if you were fairly active, the weight of the cold weather clothes couldn't be ignored. Now that I have moved to MT, I have been slowly changing everything over to First Lite. The fusion pattern is great, the merino wool is top notch in regulating body heat, and not holding scent, and everything is lighter weight.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back