Caribou Gear

National Dialogue Around Working Landscapes and Gray Wolves and Thriving Communities and Cultures. Public comment <edit> FINAL round April 23RD..

Sytes

This public comment period <edit> YESTERDAY, 16th, AND April 23rd. One week. Outside entity hired to hold the collection of public "thoughts"

Inquire w/ YOUR hunt/conservation organization(s) their position on this specific topic. What is their role they have with respect to this likely most important shaping of grey wolves future.

This will shape the future of every State's wolf management plan.

"By engaging Ms. Madden and her team, the Service intends to participate as one among equals with citizens, Tribes, states, environmental groups, livestock producers, hunters and other contributors in this national dialogue. Ms. Madden’s team will work with people from all sides to convene and guide the conversation.

This effort will help inform the Service’s policies and future rulemaking about wolves."

On the heels of toad head in Wyoming, death threats have roiled the eco-enviro extremes. Wyoming's predator defined State management is on the hot seat.
They are uniformly shaping their position to share beginning this 23rd and this individual has brought a single powerful picture message worth more than their share of "a thousand words".

While these enviro groups organize, are our hunt/conservation organizations still divided, as in not acting in concert? ASK your organization(s). It's your $$$, participation, field sweat.
United we stand. Divided we fall.

I support wolves on our landscape. I support State management of wolves on our landscape.
How they come to be on our various landscapes and to what extent do we influence this are among some of the forward USFWS decisions to be made.

What are your organization(s) involvement in this process? Ask.

updated Date.

Last edited:
Outdoor Life interview of Madden and her firm as Convenor/Mediator hired by USFWS.

She was an Integral part of Washington State's grey wolf setting.

Virtual discussions that will help frame the national dialogue around wolves and wolf management are scheduled for this week, today (Monday, April 15), from 2-3 p.m. EST, tomorrow, Tuesday, April 16, at 3 p.m. EST, and the following Tuesday, April 23, at 11 a.m. EST. The wolf dialogue’s website will be live next Monday, April 22.

"The meetings will be conducted via Zoom, and participants must pre-register. Here are the days, times, and links to join the discussion:
These public discussions are already operating. The website goes live April 23rd.

This 23rd is the final date for public comment.

Creative Conflict’s website devoted to the wolf conversation will go live next Monday, April 23, at www.peoplesprocess.com.

If you If you have trouble registering, or want to get on the Constructive Conflict newsletter, email: [email protected].

Updated.

Last edited:
Updated posts. This coming 23rd is the final date to share your comment. Inquire what your hunt/conservation organizations are planning to or have shared.

I quoted from the article shared in this thread,
Thread 'Wolf in Elbert County Colorado, east of I25' https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/wolf-in-elbert-county-colorado-east-of-i25.324311/
In the spirit of HT fashion (haha!), I semi-jacked @Bigjay73 's thread - apologies.
Moved my derailment here to keep big fluffy of the Great Lakes wolf legacy, found dead in a legal Colorado trap, on topic.

@Hunt&FishCO commented,
Registration Closed for the meeting on 4/23?? That woman charging T&M to USFS for everytime she says “Washington?!”
I tried to register for the 23rd to see the response you received. it said my comment had been expressed (shared on the 16th). It didn't note as closed though following your information:

The opening narrative's been set. The "public comment" phase registration was noted as closed for this 23rd, (noted above) the last date available for what the current administration's USFWS noted; "

"This effort will help inform the Service’s policies and future rulemaking about wolves"

Hopefully, "Discussion #1" implies further public comment is planned. Or, this may be the basis for contracted Madden's USFWS service to begin a first round discussions then open it again(?).
Would be quality to see a projected timeline of her firm's intent behind the "negotiating" process.

Any Washington State HT members become involved when Madden's firm "mediated" the State's wolf setting?

I reached out to RMEF and my impression of their response, this is the first USFWS salvo and RMEF's prepared for this process / involved to continue promoting State management of wolves as one of the key points.

from our legislative side of politics our Congressional committee on Natural Resources commented:
"The Committee is concerned that the 'National Dialogue Around Working Landscapes and Gray Wolves and Thriving Communities and Cultures' could potentially impact areas where wolves are delisted and currently under state management, like in the Northern Rockies Ecosystem. States in the Northern Rockies Ecosystem have a proven track record of success in managing healthy wolf populations, with current populations being stable and even slightly increasing year to year. Yet under the vague parameters of the Service’s proposal, the Service could begin to dictate to states what their management approaches should be. Perhaps more concerning, they could utilize this proposal as a proxy to relist wolves in the Northern Rockies without the support of the impacted States."

Attached .PDF formal committee statement.

Attachments

• hnr_letter_to_fws_on_gray_wolf.pdf
    368.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back