National Association for Gun Rights vs NRA

Yes they do a us vs them certainly and I do think in this day of age its warranted. As more and more of our youth grow up in cities with no exposure to hunting game with guns. The only thing they see or know about them is they are used in school shootings murders and such. That's the up and coming adults we have to convince there is way more to guns then what they see on the 5:00 news
So let’s analyze your argument here.

-The us versus them put forth is warranted? No, exclusion is how groups and ways of thinking die. There’s no growth with that, no exposure to the community.

-Youth growing up in cities is a problem? Who are we to dictate where parents choose to raise kids? Columbine, though not the first mass school shooting, had a tremendous precedent. In a study done by GAO 10 YEARS AFTER Columbine we got this: 2009-2019 school shootings-

Suburban and rural, wealthier, and low minority schools had more suicides and school-targeted shootings, which had the highest fatalities per incident.

It’s the white suburban kids who are most prone to kill the most in a school shooting.

If you were seeking a group of radicals who prefer to fight fantasy on their own terms, you found your team.

You have to understand what you are up against. We the gun owning hunters are the vast minority and getting more so as a higher % of people year by year are growing up in cities. That's just a fact less hunters as a % of the population and exposure to guns in a positive light. Nothing against these young people it's just the way things are now more then ever. But unfortunately what they see and know of guns is basically all bad. These people do you think are going to support gun rights and care at all if you get to go hunting with one?

Us verses them you claim is how groups die? And what is the qualification to call a group that? Is it your opinion or are you just getting that from some group that claims they are and parroting what they say as truth? I know of a couple groups that some would argue take that approach. For instance us verses big pharma as a general idea. And they are bigger then ever and growing. I wonder why after the last almost 3 years? If the groups stick to the facts and uses real data that is just not talked about by your typical "mainstream media" they do fine and grow. As my priest said this last Sunday, we all need to ask questions as that's what leads to better understanding and better questions. Being apathetic in not knowing the answer is not good and leads people away from the truth.

I originally asked a question for thoughts about the group and you think they are extreme. That's fine it's you opinion and I did ask for that on the group.

A group of radicals who prefer to fight fantasy you say? So what is the fantasy you speak of? I am going to assume it's the one that they want to take away all your guns because that's what it seems the group is trying to get across. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it. It's a slippery slope in my view. Did you see what they are now doing in Canada? https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/12/02/canada-gun-buyback-alberta/

Now in the end if you are on this forum you are assumed to be pro guns and hunting. We need to not fight amongst ourselves as we really are all in this together. Now if the National Association for Gun rights is saying things that are not truthful in the effort to get peoples $ then that is a problem. And I would be better off to support groups that are trust worthy as far as we know. And that's a tough one as people in places of power even in what is or was a good organization, time and time again are shown to be more concerned about themselves. Human nature and why we need people who are independent to keep them in check. That's enough of a rant for now and I wish you well

Last edited:
Lots of folks here don’t seem to like the “us vs them” mentality. I think it makes them feel better somehow, when in reality the “them” would love to get rid of the 2A rights that most of the “us” claim to support and enjoy. #Weneedmorecommonsensegunlaws!

Tom Gresham has talked about the national association for gun rights before on his show. I don't think they are much better as far as being corrupt goes. It was a few years ago so I don't remember the details, but I if I remember Tom's explanation right most of your donations go to the founders bank account.

The 2nd amendment foundation is an excellent choice.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back