NAFA debacle - options?

Hunting Wife

So I’m very new to the whole fur thing. Had planned to send coyotes to NAFA this year for the first time, but it looks like that is out the window. Does anyone know what other options there are, or who might be running routes in eastern Montana/western North Dakota? Haven’t been able to find anyone taking up the slack here yet.

How many are you looking to sell? Our buyer likes to buy large numbers. 100 or more at a time

How many are you looking to sell? Our buyer likes to buy large numbers. 100 or more at a time

Oh jeez, I’m small time. Just love calling and am learning to put them up. Might as well do something with them and I don’t need more tanned ones. I would imagine just a couple dozen at most for myself. Although the guy who is teaching me is looking too, and he stacks up a lot more than I do.

Oh jeez, I’m small time. Just love calling and am learning to put them up. Might as well do something with them and I don’t need more tanned ones. I would imagine just a couple dozen at most for myself. Although the guy who is teaching me is looking too, and he stacks up a lot more than I do.
Our buyer comes to glendive. I don't know how far north he goes.

Do what is the NAFA debacle and why is sending coyotes to them out the window? I missed something somewhere obviously and google didn’t help me out when I looked there.

I do a good bit of trapping but never sell Any fur, just have the occasional critter tanned. Unfortunately fur from Louisiana isn’t worth much.

Are you using wooden stretchers? I like them a lot better than the wire ones. We use Top Lot stretchers but you can easily make your own.
Good luck calling, maybe a nice cat will come in for you. Coyotes should be great right now.

Are you using wooden stretchers? I like them a lot better than the wire ones. We use Top Lot stretchers but you can easily make your own.
Good luck calling, maybe a nice cat will come in for you. Coyotes should be great right now.

Thanks. I do prefer the wood stretchers too.

The calling has been hit or miss. Got 4 on the first set of the season, then haven’t had one come in since. Haven’t been out too many times yet though...still have tags in my pocket and the weather has been pretty mild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back