Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

mystery ranch quick draw rifle sling?

rlmmatt

So I've been looking at these on YouTube and a slight recommendation from one person on rokslide but I can't find any real information on pros and cons on these.https://www.mysteryranch.com/quick-draw-rifle-sling. Anyone out there care to elaborate on their experience. I can't get used to having the gun in front of me with the gb.

Thanks in advance robert

I did not feel like the butt end was secure, it never actually slipped out, but it did get lose. I also did not like the second chest strap with my pack on. I opted for the Kifaru one. Just get the one for universal, not their packs.

My buddy bought one and he had a Remington 700 Long Range and it slipped out. He thought it might work better with a lighter gun, but wasn't impressed.

Thanks guys you've saved me so,e money. I asked this question on rokslide as well and not one person has given me a favorable review. I really wanted to hear positive reviews but thanks to everyone that answered I now have more money to spend on tags :) :)

anybody know how to switch the magnetic clip for left hand carry. it looks like it should be detachable but when i gently try to unclip what looks like some type of release mechanism it does not want to give at all and i don't want to break it off. it may be that once it goes on it never is supposed to come off so unless you cut the strap on the sling no other way to get it turned around to face the other direction... that would be lame considering there was no right/left option when i ordered it.

Last edited:
I bought the Kuiu version because it’s much cheaper and has better reviews. I ended up zip tying it to my MR pack. It worked well for me. My buddy did the same but Kuiu has 2 models and he got the other than I did. His rifle ended up coming out and took a hard fall. We came up with you need to loop the top chord around your barrel more than once. After he did that, no more issues. They didn’t give adequate instructions so that was likely operator error. This style gun bearer works really well and is way more comfortable than a sling to me.

I bought the Kuiu version because it’s much cheaper and has better reviews. I ended up zip tying it to my MR pack. It worked well for me. My buddy did the same but Kuiu has 2 models and he got the other than I did. His rifle ended up coming out and took a hard fall. We came up with you need to loop the top chord around your barrel more than once. After he did that, no more issues. They didn’t give adequate instructions so that was likely operator error. This style gun bearer works really well and is way more comfortable than a sling to me.
well stupid me I already purchased the MR Sling and when I bought it I assumed you could sling it either hand for the price I paid but I guess I got what I deserved for assuming. seeing as how I bought a green pack i also assumed the sling would be green as well but they only make it in coyote. I think I am going to have to cut the strap on the sling to get the mag clip off and then take it somewhere to get it sewn up or stitch it myself. I will call mystery ranch tomorrow or gohunt and see whats up. seems I cant order anything anymore without there always being some issue or another. I couldn't order socks from REI yesterday and use the bonuscard they gave me for twenty bucks off so I had to call and get the guy on the phone to do it. I hate computers. and cell phones and tablets and blue tooth and all things electronic. can never get things paired the way they are supposed to even when all you are supposed to have to do is touch the two together. that never works either. always some error message. some day I may just take them all out back set them up on a stump and just shoot the crap out of all of em....

I will be using a MR Sawtooth 45 this year. I went thru the same research. I ended up with the Kifaru. Time will tell but it looks like it will work fine and the reviews where good and there where many using it that where happy.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back